Tandem Rotor Helicopter Market Outlook – 2027
Tandem rotor helicopters are generally large aircrafts but slightly different from the regular aircrafts. The differentiation factor is the arrangement if two large horizontal assemblies arranged one in front of the other. Moreover, this particular type of configuration of two rotor assemblies is mainly used for large cargo helicopters. In addition, tandem rotor helicopters have the advantage of holding more weight with shorter blades since there are two sets. However, the efficiency of the rear rotor is reduced as it works in the aerodynamic shadow of the front rotor, which can still be minimized by increasing the distances between the two rotor hubs. Furthermore, tandem rotor helicopters tend to have a lower disk loading than those of single rotor helicopters.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Tandem rotor helicopter production is anticipated to be more agile after the end of COVID-19.
- The supply chain disruption is expected to affect the future growth of the companies due to lockdown.
- Companies have to deal on a significant margin basis to revive the market.
- A huge monetary loss has been accounted in the revenue generation of the heavy-lift helicopter companies due to the lockdown.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The rise in demand from the military segment to upgrade their helicopter performance drives the demand for the tandem-rotor helicopters market. In addition, surge in military budget is urging the nations to develop their military systems. Moreover, technological advancements in aerospace & defense is anticipated to boost the market growth. Furthermore, a rise in commercial air travel that includes transportation of passengers and multiple loads of cargo is proliferating the application of tandem rotor helicopters. However, tandem rotor helicopter systems and components have to undergo stringent rules & regulations as mandated by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and respective government institutes, which in turn is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
The global tandem rotor helicopter market trends are as follows:
The upsurge in demand from the military segment
Wide application of tandem rotor helicopters, from general military exercises to combat operations & missions in the military & defense segment is anticipated to generate consistent growth of the global tandem rotor helicopter market. A rise in military budget propels the nations to enhance the performance of their military assets, urging the government institutions and R&D teams to invest heavy amounts in the market. In addition, major marketers compete on fuel and operational efficiency, which in turn is anticipated to foster rapid transformations in the existing helicopter systems. Furthermore, helicopter manufacturers are focusing on developing lightweight helicopters with an equivalent strength to carry heavy load materials, therefore creating ample opportunities for the major players to compete in the global market.
Technological advancements and an upsurge in commercial air travel to boost the demand
The market has been witnessing technological transformations owing to the rapidly changing needs of the customer base spread across the military and civil applications. In addition, the concept of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) was introduced, which uses the vertical take-off capabilities of helicopters and combine them with various upcoming technologies such as electric-hybrid propulsion and autonomous flight among others. Moreover, these are said to speed up urban travel as these electric helicopters, commonly known as electric vertical take-off and landing (e-VOLT) aircraft, are specifically built for urban transport in cities, with the capabilities to take off and land from vertiports (airports for vertical take-off and landing). Therefore, the commercial air travel boosts up in terms of passenger air travel as well as goods cargo.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global tandem rotor helicopter industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global tandem rotor helicopter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global tandem rotor helicopter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global tandem rotor helicopter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Tandem rotor helicopter Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the tandem-rotor helicopter market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Tandem Rotor Helicopter Market Report Highlights
By Number of Engines
By Point of Sale
Key Market Players
The Boeing Company, Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd., Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Bell Helicopters, Sirkorsky-Lockheed Martin, Russian Helicopters, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ltd., Airbus Helicopters SAS, Leonardo S.p.A., Kawasaki Heavy Industries