Telecom API Platform Market Statistics: 2027
API is basically a set of functions, protocols, commands, and objects used by developers to interact with an external application or system. Telecom API platform capitalizes current network framework to create a wide variety of market opportunities for carriers around the world. It exposes their services to a large number of external developers and are major source of revenues for telecom operators. It helps to improve customer experience by helping application developers integrate data from various sources such as messaging, location, payment, and voice. There are many benefits of API for operators such as revenue generation and better customer experience, which drives the telecom API platform market growth.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 180+ countries around the globe with the WHO declaring it a public health emergency. The global impacts of the disease are already starting to be felt, and expected to significantly affect the telecom API platform market in 2020.
- Though governments have imposed lockdowns to contain spread of the virus and businesses have shifted online, digital payment has increased exponentially. Digital payment API helps various end use verticals including BFSI, education, retail, and manufacturing to manage payment transactions, which is expected to boost the market growth.
- Furthermore, SMS API can help governments to send messages in bulk to spread information to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Improving telecom API user experience and monetization of telecom operator services are the major factors that drive the market growth. In addition, increase in number of mobile connections across the globe and need to manage telecom network fuels growth of the market. However, government regulations for the telecommunication sector hampers the market growth. Furthermore, increase in adoption of internet of things (IoT) enabled applications and devices across the globe is expected to provide lucrative opportunity for the global telecom API platform market.
The market trends for telecom API platform market are as follows:
Emerging startups to drive the market growth:
In emerging economies such as India, China, and Japan, telecom operators offer various set of APIs to startups, which can combine to create new services in these countries, thus driving growth of the telecom API platform market. For instance, startups offering users localized SMS content depending on their city would aid to provide SMS, location, and direct operator billing simultaneously which will boost the growth of the market.
North America expected to lead the market:
North America is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period, owing to the increase in the use of smartphones and mobile applications, which has resulted in adoption of API related technologies in the region. In addition, prominent players along with new entrants are introducing new telecom APIs to sustain in the competitive market, which boosts the telecom API platform market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global telecom API platform market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the telecom API platform market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global telecom API platform market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed telecom API platform market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Telecom API Platform Market Report Highlights
By Telecom Operator
By User type
By API platform
Key Market Players
Fortumo (Tartu, Estonia), Tropo, Inc. (California, U.S.), Twilio, Inc. (California, U.S.), AT&T, Inc. (Texas, U.S.), Aspect Software (Massachusetts, U.S.), Orange S.A. (Paris, France), Alcatel-Lucent (Boulogne-Billancourt, France), Apigee Corporation (California, U.S.), Nexmo, Inc. (California, U.S.), Verizon Communications, Inc. (New York, U.S.), Telefonica (Madrid, Spain), LocationSmart (California, U.S.), Xura, Inc. (Massachusetts, U.S.), Vodafone Group PLC (London, U.K.)