The major source of revenue for any telecom sector industry is through calls and SMS. But, due to increase in customer demand for over-the-top (OTT) services, such as WhatsApp, Skype, and Netflix, which consumes huge portion of telecom bandwidth, telecom operators are facing loss in revenue generation. Thus, telecom sector is in the search of some alternative, which could control the declining profits and customers increasing bandwidth usage and one such alternative is Telecom application program interface (API).
Telecom Application Program Interface(API) enables a third-party company to access data/information from telecom network operators for application support and delivery of value-added services(VAS) application. Telecom API provider boost their revenue by sharing the APIs with OTT providers so that they charge consumers for extra bandwidth, by providing vast and accurate information to the developers and by sharing the API internally with the programmers to develop better operation solutions. Adoption of telecom API by telecom carriers is expected due to expansion of cloud technologies and mobile internet.
The telecom API market is segmented based on type of API, user type, and region. Based on type of API, it is categorized into short messaging services(SMS), multimedia messaging services(MMS), and rich communication services (RCS) API; web real-time-communications(WebRTC) API, payment API; location API; machine to machine(M2M) &Internet of Things(IoT) API; content delivery API; and others (voice store and voice control API; and ID/single sign-on(SSO) & subscriber API). On the basis of user type, it is classified into partner developer, enterprise developer, long-tail developer, and internal developer.
The market is analyzed based on four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, and LAMEA.
The leading companies operating in the global telecom API platform market are Hewlett-Packard Development Co., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., LM Ericsson, Tropo, Inc., Oracle Corp., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Axway Software S.A., ZTE Soft Technology Co., Ltd. Nexmo Inc., Comverse Inc., Aepona Ltd., Fortumo OU, Twilio Inc., Tropo Inc., LocationSmart, AT&T Inc., Apigee Corp., and Orage.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the Telecom API market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets, determine the overall attractiveness, and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023 is provided to showcase the financial caliber.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
Telecom Application Program Interface(APIs) Market Key Segments:
The market is segmented on the basis of type of API, user type, and region.
By Type Of API
- SMS, MMS, and RCS API
- WebRTC AP
- Payment API
- Location API
- M2M & IoT API
- Content delivery API
- Others (Voice Store & Voice Control API, and ID/SSO, & Subscriber API)
By User Type
- Partner Developer
- Enterprise Developer
- Long-tail Developer
- Internal Developer
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled in the Report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Hewlett-Packard Development Co.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- LM Ericsson, Tropo, Inc.
- Oracle Corp., Alcatel-Lucent S.A
- Axway Software S.A
- ZTE Soft Technology Co. Ltd.
- Nexmo Inc.
- Comverse Inc.
- Aepona Ltd.
- Fortumo OU
- Twilio Inc.
- Tropo Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- Apigee Corp.