The telecom endpoint devices comprises of the end devices such as mobile phones, desktops, tablets, point-of-sale (POS) terminals, remote devices and bar code readers. The endpoint security of the devices is an approach for network protection that requires every computing device on a network to accept certain standards before any access of network is granted.
The global security market is expected to grow at a faster pace due to rise in the use of devices such as smart-phones, tablets, laptops etc. The security is the major concern for these devices in this market. The installation of security software such as anti-malware or antivirus is becoming a necessity for most of the smart-phones and tablets. All the equipment vendors (OEMs) are also integrating biometrics for the device security. Hence, this market has numerous opportunities available to grow and due to which research on this market is essential.
The hasty adoption rate of novel and innovative technologies across different industries is driving the growth of this industry. Also, strict government supervision policies, regulations, varying security standards, BYOD implementation, and increase in network based applications are some driving factors contributing towards the growth of this market. Although there are various driving factors, the increasing number of cyber crimes such as data theft, cyber attacks, mobile malware attack, unlawful eavesdropping and SMS spam are some of the factors hampering the success of the market.
Telecom Endpoint Security Market Analysis by Products
The popular security software applications that are commonly used are biometrics and anti-malware or anti-virus software. The product segment includes mobile device development and client security market, anti-malware or anti-virus software, content security gateways, integrated security appliances, remote locking software, Privacy protection software, mobile application management, end point encryption software, encrypted storage software, mobile device security software, biometrics, NFC, cloud based mobile security as a service (SEaaS), Mobile identity management services, etc.
Telecom Endpoint Security Market Analysis by Applications
The various sectors where security of the end devices are required are business financial services and insurance (BFSI), Information technology (IT), healthcare, telecommunication, government & defense, consumer goods, life sciences, education retail, etc.
Telecom Endpoint Security Market Analysis by Geography
The research is done in different geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
The various key players in the market are adopting product launch and partnerships strategies to maintain their base in the competitive market. For example, one of the key players known as Kaspersky has recently launched a product named Kaspersky Anti Spam Software Development Kit 5.0 and has partnered with Kasepersky Anti Virus Engine to deliver protection for a wide range of viruses including Trojans, spyware, virus worms and adware.
Some of the market players are Kaspersky Lab ZAO, McAfee Inc., AVG Technologies, IBM Corp., Symantec Corp., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., LG Telecom, Panda Security, and Cisco Systems, Inc.
High Level Analysis
The market exploration provides a sketch of the device security market as a whole. Porter’s Five Force analysis helps in recognizing market competitors and their strategic moves. The bargaining power of buyers and suppliers are analyzed based on the market players. Threat to new entrant is high as there are many players competing with each other in the market. The value chain analysis helps in finding out which activities are most valuable for the benefit of the new entrants. Market dynamics is analyzed on their strategic moves for the benefit of stakeholders. Drivers enabling the growth of the market, limiting factors and opportunities are strategically dealt in this analysis.
- The analysis gives a wider view of the global market including its market trends, market structure, limiting factors and opportunities
- The research provides the future scope of the security industry using forecasts made during study period for the benefit of stakeholders
- Porters five force’s model and SWOT analysis helps in better understanding of the market competitors and threats, for the benefit of stakeholders in the market to make appropriate strategic moves
- Light is shed on the competitive strategies of the market players to help decision makers to effectively plan and execute business plans
TELECOM ENDPOINT SECURITY MARKET KEY DELIVERABLES
The study is segmented based as products, applications and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCTS
- Mobile device development and client security market
- Anti-malware or anti-virus software
- Content security gateways
- Integrated security appliances
- Remote locking software
- Privacy protection software
- Mobile application management
- End point encryption software
- Encrypted storage software
- Mobile device security software
- Cloud based mobile security as a service (SEaaS)
- Mobile identity management services
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Business financial services and insurance (BFSI)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Healthcare, telecommunication
- Government & defense
- Consumer goods
- Life sciences
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific