Telecom Tower Market Insight
Telecom towers are steel structure that included the receivers, antennae and dishes required for wireless communication and data transfer. Telecommunication towers are combination of steel structures which are designed to support antennas of telecommunications and broadcasting. For example, Wireless communication such as mobile networking, television antennas and radio broadcasting worked by using telecom towers. In other words, telecommunication towers are a complete set of mechanical structures and electronic signal processing designed in order to connect through these towers. Usually, towers are in the range of to 15 to 60 meters and the towers may vary in height depending on the area and purpose for the location.
Impact of COVID-19 on Telecom Tower Market
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all the industries across the world. Remote working, video conferencing, and telecommunications technology have quickly emerged as key enablers for business operations during this lockdown.
- The importance of having a strong telecommunications network during this lockdown has also been acknowledged by the government as well and thus consider them as essential services and are exempt from the lockdown.
- While demand for services continues to spike, given developing countries dependence on wireless traffic, there is increased pressure on cellular infrastructure. In order to meet demand, going forward, various organization have planned and, in the process, to get the approvals for providing services, setting up towers and to instruct state-owned firms to not terminate any interconnection points.
- In addition to this, many organizations have also came forward to fight this pandemic. Various leading telecom company are offering passive telecom infrastructure to all telecom operators, announced that it has contributed. Thus, due to increase in the remote working and working nature, it is expected that it will generate multiple opportunities for the growth of the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Various factor such as increased usage of mobile communication, increased adoption of digitalization, rise in the demand for high-speed connectivity, improving the connectivity in the rural areas, enhanced wider coverage and catering to increase data needs are some of the major key driving factors for the growth of this market. However, sharing of towers between the companies and rising environmental concerns due to the power supplies to the towers which is one of the primary factors for the emission of harmful radiations are some of the factor which is expected to hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, deployment of 4G and 5G technology, rise in the demand for the network upgrades and government initiatives towards the digitalization are some of the factors which is expected to boost the opportunities for the market.
Increase in demand for cellphones:
The technology is evolving and thus people are moving towards a more digitalized world which have increase the demand for the telecommunication, with the increase in the number of cellphone subscribers both in the urban and in the rural areas as well. The growth of the cell phones users is rising exponentially. In addition to the increase in the cellphone, there is a high demand for the growing data and voice requirements. Thus with the increase number of mobile phone subscribers is attracting the increased number of telecom subscribers to invest in the telecommunication tower in order to meet the demand of the subscribers. Thus, the increased penetration of telecom towers and increased demand for adoption of technology in urban area is increasing the demand of the telecommunication towers.
Harmful Impact of radiations generated by telecommunication towers:
Increased emission of electromagnetic wave emitted by the towers are expected to interfere with the biological system which can further affect the birds, bees and harmful for the environment. The increased number of towers thus also increase the number of the growth of the public exposure of radio waves from these telecommunication towers in general. Thus, the concern for the environment due to the emission of radiation is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Government initiatives toward digitalization:
Government and infrastructure are expected to emerge in the near future. Various government initiatives expected to fuel the opportunities for the market. The digitization intention projected to provide universal access to mobile connectivity and internet to the farthest corners of glob, which requires to install more number of telecommunication towers to fulfill the aim. In addition to this, enhance the quality of life of the people by harnessing technology, which requires extensive use of technology and data to improve infrastructure and services which are further expected to bring lucent opportunities for the telecom towers market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global telecom tower along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global telecom tower market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global telecom tower market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed telecom tower market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Telecom Tower Market Report Highlights
By Fuel Type
By Installation Type
By Ownership Type
Key Market Players
SBA Communication Corp., Bharti Infratel Ltd., Indus Tower Ltd, American Tower Corp., Cellnex Telecom SA, AT &T Inc., Crown Castle International Corp., Helios Towers Africa, China Tower Co. Ltd..