Telepathology assists in bridging the gap between the medical and telecommunication technology. It constitutes of electronic transmission of high quality pathological data through the help of telecommunication technology. It enables the practicing of pathology from distance as well. In addition, it also provides a reliable means to reach out to people living in remote places for better medical diagnosis and treatment of diseases. It also aids in providing easy and fast medical assistance to the patients. Telepathology utilizes the video cameras, monitors, and a remote-controlled microscope. It is divided into three classesstatic image-based systems, real-time systems, and virtual slide systems.
Cost effectiveness and extended reach majorly drive the growth of the market. In addition, quick diagnoses, as well as quick pathological assessment, and timely treatment are some of the cardinal factors that emphasize high demand for telepathology. However, error in sampling pathological data and high monetary investments restrain the market. Introduction of affordable scanners for private pathology practices are the potent opportunities for market growth.
The report divides the telepathology market on the basis of product, application, type, end users, and region. Based on the product, the market is classified into scanner, software, communication system, and storage system. Based on application, it is divided into teleconsultation, disease diagnosis, drug discovery, and training and education. Based on end users, it is categorized into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, hospitals, and academic & government research institutes. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players of the market are Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic plc, Honeywell Life Care Solutions, Tunstall Healthcare, Care Innovations, Cerner Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Medvivo Group Ltd., GlobalMedia Group, LLC, Aerotel Medical Systems Ltd., AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., American Well, InTouch Health, and Vidyo, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the telepathology market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By geography, the telepathology market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Extensive analysis of the market by devices type assists in understanding the availability of various forms of devices used in telepathology market.
Telepathology Market Key Segmentation:
- Communication System
- Storage system
- Disease Diagnosis
- Drug Discovery
- Training and Education
By End Users
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA