Teleradiology refers to the transmission of radiological images from one location to another for emergency services through a worldwide cloud network. This helps in real-time interpretation of patients in remote areas. Teleradiology also helps in sharing studies with other radiologists and physicians. Therefore, teleradiology is an important technology which provides radiological access to the patients even in remote areas.
The global teleradiology market is driven by increased acceptance of mobile technology (mHealth), for visualization and interpretation of radiological images, increasing incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in the number of diagnostic imaging procedures, and increase in awareness for early diagnosis of diseases. However, high cost of medical imaging modalities and low availability of broadband networks, especially in the developing and under-developed regions, restrain the market growth. Conversely, increasing healthcare expenditure and improved healthcare infrastructure in developing economies, and development of wireless, low power consuming portable x-ray technologies are expected to provide numerous opportunities for market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the market based on modality and geography. Based on modality, the market is divided into x-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear imaging. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico); Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific); and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The major companies profiled in the report include Virtual Radiologic (vRAD), Agfa-Gevaert N.V., ONRAD, Inc., Global Diagnostics, Everlight Radiology, RamSoft, Inc., Sectra AB, Radisphere National Radiology Group, Inc., Cybernet Medical Corporation, and Medica Reporting Ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- Thestudy provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by modality helps in understanding the various types of modalities used during radiology procedures.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the global market.
Teleradiology Market Key Segments
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Imaging
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA