Temperature Controller Market Outlook – 2027
Temperature controller is a device that is used to measure and control temperature by accepting temperature sensors such as thermocouple or RTD as input and comparing measured temperature with desired control temperature. The output is provided to control element such as heater or fan without extensive involvement of operator. Temperature controllers are widely used in steam application such as to control product temperature, monitor steam flashing from boiling tanks as they are robust, reliable, easily installable, and tolerant of imperfect steam conditions.
They automate entire process, thus eliminating probable human error in manual temperature control. This technology also helps to save time and minimize costs of manual workforce. Temperature controllers are used effectively in preservation of food items and plastic production as they are of low cost, user-friendly, energy-efficient, and limit excessive use of power. Ongoing innovation further simplify laboratory automation and worldwide import and export of temperature controllers, which is expected to boost the temperature controller market share in coming years.
The global temperature controller market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, component, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the temperature controller market is divided into analog, digital, and hybrid. In terms of product type, the market is categorized into single-loop, multi-loop, on/off, and PID. On the basis of component, the market is bifurcated into hardware and software.
In terms of application, the temperature controller market is divided into temperature controlling, temperature monitoring, and others. Based on industry vertical, the market is segregated into chemicals, automotive, oil & gas, food & beverages, healthcare, energy & power, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Development of communication capability in temperature controllers, owing to technologies such as IoT, artificial intelligence, machine learning, small compact size of controllers, and use of hybrid controller as alternative to programmable logic controller (PLC) machine are some factors, which propel the temperature controller market growth.
However intense competition, global economic slowdown, lack of skilled workforce, and rivalry in market prices are obstacles for the market growth. Contrarily, oil & gas, mining, and petrochemical industries use temperature controllers to monitor temperature easily at a remote location by connecting to a computer. Ongoing improvements and innovations leading to miniaturization of temperature controllers are expected to flourish this temperature controller industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
New smart products that contain improved accuracy have been launched by key market players. In February 2020, ABB Ltd. launched a versatile smart temperature monitoring relay providing wide measuring range and compatibility with different sensors such as PTC and PT100. It demonstrates a liquid crystal display that shows significant measurements and maintenance information.
This device is compatible with the ABB EPiC smartphone app that uses near field communication technology for checking ABB’s low-voltage products making fast, wireless exchange of data possible. End users can edit parameter settings, copy settings to other devices, and share parameters by uploading to cloud. This technology is used to ensure safe and reliable operation of essential equipment worldwide.
Surge in Usage in Automotive and Industrial Application
Manufacturers have been focusing on manufacture of new products with precise accuracy for specific applications as there are varying demands based on utilization. Sensor technology has reached such a sense of advancement as it can quickly and accurately measure temperature and humidity. In addition, it is so small and compact in size that is does not distract passengers.
In 2020, Sensirion AG, a leading manufacturer of humidity and temperature sensors, developed automatic temperature control in vehicle seats that continuously measure humidity and temperature on seat surface and backrest, thereby controlling seat heating and ventilation. Multiple sensors integrated in the vehicle seat provide input data for automatic control function ensuring individualized climate control within a predefined comfort range of the passengers.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of temperature controller market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report analyses information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed temperature controller market analysis.
- The temperature controller market trends are quantitatively analysed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The emergence of coronavirus has become a serious health threat worldwide. China being the main manufacturing hub of electronic items has been adversely affected by the outbreak, owing to substantial slowdown in manufacturing operations.
- Temperature controllers are in high demand worldwide with a view to identify potential COVID affected patients by measuring rise in temperature. California-based health start-up, VivaLNK are developing temperature controllers with temperature sensors in them, which are being used to monitor COVID-19 patients to reduce risk of hospital staff. This device provides continuous, real-time monitoring of changes in body temperature, and uses IoT access controller to wirelessly transmit data to nurse’s station for further analysis and control in this social distancing scenario.
- It has been studied that coronavirus survives for longer periods at low or moderate temperature (less than 6 to 300C) and at low humidity of 20 to 30%. Air humidification acts in proactive manner to combat spread of the virus. Thus, temperature and humidity controllers are implemented in private and public buildings to control temperature and ease humidity at a specific setpoint with a view to battle this virus by reducing its survival period.
Questions Answered in the Temperature Controller Market Research Report
- Who are the leading players in the temperature controller market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the temperature controller market size?
- What are the current trends that would influence the temperature controller market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Temperature Controller Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Honeywell International Inc., Panasonic, Omron Corp., Schneider Electric, Watlow, Delta Electronics, ABB Ltd., Yokogawa Electric Corp., Durex Industries, Others, RKC Instruments