Temperature Transmitter Market Outlook - 2027
Temperature transmitter is an instrument connected to a temperature sensor such as resistance temperature detector (RTD) or thermocouple to transmit signals for monitoring and controlling purposes. It filters any external electromagnetic noise, isolates and converts temperature signals to 4-20mA or 0-10V DC signal range output in which most of industrial equipment communicates with each other. Temperature sensors are in high demand in the automobile industry to control coolant system in engines as it provides stable, accurate results with improved signal integrity in short time, owing to high range resolution of sensors and increases energy-efficiency of engines. It also provides real-time alerts on detecting thermocouple drifts.
Temperature transmitters use flexible, sturdy, and inexpensive copper wires, which stand up better in hostile environment and can easily detect seldom cable break or short circuit before manual tracing of faults. This device is widely used for electromagnetic interference and by meteorology department owing to the presence of remote sensors that monitor real-time temperature based on the occupancy level and requires easy installation with very low maintenance. In addition, extensive use of this energy-efficient technology and innovations are expected to boost the temperature transmitter market share during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis:
- Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic has created adverse effects in the electronic sensor controls and devices sector, owing to temporary suspension and restriction imposed on all operations by governments worldwide. China, the premium manufacturing hub of electronic goods and components, has also suffered a huge blow in monetary terms from decrease in production scenario.
- Temperature controllers are in high demand worldwide with a view to identify potential COVID affected patients by measuring rise in temperature. It has been reported in March, 2020, by the Times of India, a media broadcaster in India that police officers in China are using smart helmets with head-up displays, with features such as recognition of vehicle plate registration, body temperature detection, which help to decide whether a person is possibly infected with COVID-19 or not.
- Real-time data from smart temperature sensors enable healthcare officials to effectively screen individuals with high temperature. Semtech, a global manufacturer of semiconductor components supplies analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and Polysense, a company providing IoT product and solution, developed flexible, long-range IoT solution for fiber and wireless sensing and reliable data monitoring. The growing demand for smart temperature transmitter will boost the temperature transmitter market.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Increased emphasis on industrial automation, owing to technological advancements in the temperature sensing sector and surge in demand for wireless and non-intrusive temperature measurement abilities attributed to development of IoT are some factors that drive the temperature transmitter market growth.
However, decrease in accuracy of temperature transmitters, owing to ground loop signal and high initial cost of temperature transmitters act as obstacles for the temperature transmitter market growth. Contrarily, temperature transmitters are far more advantageous than conventional wired counterparts as they help in simplifying engineering design and satisfies need for special cabling requirements enabling advanced diagnostic solution in industrial application. Various technological advancements such as internet of things (IoT) are being used in wireless for remote temperature monitoring and sensing application which is providing new pathways to the temperature transmitter industry.
New product launches to flourish the market
New products that contain improved accuracy and high performance have been launched by leading players in the market.
In May 2020, INOR, a company specializing in industrial temperature measurement, launched APAQ 130, which is a modern transmitter incorporated with Pt100 and Pt1000 sensors. This device is available in two variants, APAQ C130 for mounting in connection head and APAQ R130 for mounting in DIN Rail and can be configured wirelessly by smartphones. APAQ 130 has compact, robust design with rail-mounted variant just 6.3mm wide and head-mounted variant just 10.5mm high thus acquiring less space for easy installation. It has minimum drift of +0.050C or +0.05% of span/yr which reduces need for calibration.
Surge in use in automotive and industrial applications:
Automobile industries use passive infrared sensors mounted in dash or overhead console to monitor and maintain body temperature of vehicle occupants.
Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system within vehicles have interior and exterior air temperature sensors and one or two sun-load sensors to detect heat from vehicle occupants, which allows the system to fine-tune heating and cooling as per comfort of the passenger. These interior types of thermistor has an aspirator tube that pulls air through the sensor when a blower fan is running.
Temperature transmitters and humidity sensors are used to remove fog and dew from vehicle windshields with a view to comply with the environmental regulatory norms. Fog is caused by temperature difference between inside and outside of car so temperature inside the car gets automatically lowered by transmitters, thus decreasing the condensation level. Various technological advancements in this sector help in enhancing efficiency of diesel and petrol engines by monitoring coolant system in engines.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of temperature transmitters market with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report analyses information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed Temperature Transmitters market analysis.
- The temperature transmitter market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Questions answered in the Temperature Transmitters Market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the temperature transmitter market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
Temperature Transmitter Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Mounting Setup
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Spectris Plc, Honeywell International Inc., Siemens AG, Emerson Electric Company, Schneider Electric Se, Acromag Inc., Johnson Controls, General Electric, ABB Ltd., Yokogawa Electric Corp.