Terminal sterilization is the method of sterilizing a product in its final container. It is an essential procedure because it assures that the product remains sterile. All parenteral, ophthalmic, and medical equipment, usually sterilized using heat in batches. An alternative method such as filtration is used, which reduces the risk of a product becoming contaminated because the heat may cause damage to the products. The products must be kept for a specific duration at the necessary temperature or exposed to other sterilization methods to guarantee the microbial growth is killed effectively. This is a holding period must be established before starting the sterilization process. While the products are in storage any microbial growth that occurs can alter the quality of the product and must therefore be prevented.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the terminal sterilization market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in cases of chronic diseases and healthcare-acquired infections, increase in interest for terminal sterilization for drug products, spreading awareness about disease and infection caused due to non-sterile environment, and huge demand for proper sanitization of equipment, and surrounding, are factors that drive the growth of the terminal sterilization market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; launch of the novel developed innovative products in the market; and technological advancements in the sterilization process are some factors, which boost the market growth for terminal sterilization.
- However, a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device as well as associated complications hinder the terminal sterilization market growth.
Terminal sterilization Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In August 2020, Sharp a part of UDG Healthcare plc acquired minority ownership in Berkshire Sterile Manufacturing (BSM), for strengthening their position in the terminal sterilization market.
In April 2020, Matachana Group launched new steam sterilizers-MPHS Series.
In August 2020, Sterigenics acquired Canadian-based Iotron Industrie to expand the company's electron beam market.
In January 2021, Cantel Medical acquired Steris through a U.S. subsidiary. This acquisition would present a collection of infection prevention and procedural service and products.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the terminal sterilization industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the terminal sterilization market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the terminal sterilization market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the terminal sterilization market.
- The report provides a detailed terminal sterilization market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the terminal sterilization Report
- Which are the leading players active in the terminal sterilization market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Terminal sterilization"?
- What is "Terminal sterilization" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Terminal sterilization" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Terminal sterilization" market report?
Terminal sterilization Market Report Highlights
By Sterilization Type
By End User
Key Market Players
MMM Group, Getinge Group, Johnson and Johnson Services, Inc., Sterigenics International LLC, DuPont, Cantel Medical, TSO3, Fedegari Group, Olympus Corp, Belimed, Advanced Sterilization Products Services, Inc, Steris Plc, Matachana Group, 3M, Celitron