Testosterone is the primary male hormone responsible for the improvement of male sexual characteristics, spermatogenesis, and fertility. Lower-than-normal production of testosterone level causes erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction occurs due to decreased testosterone production to overcome this testosterone replacement therapy is used. Testosterone replacement therapy also called androgen substitution treatment is used to treat low testosterone levels which can happen with age or because of a medical condition.
The testosterone replacement therapy is used to improve sexual performance, accomplishing higher energy levels and building muscles. Testosterone replacement therapy has many benefits such as improved sexual desire, better blood sugar regulation, lowers bad cholesterol levels, decreased risk of diabetes, increased muscle mass and strength, improved brain function and cognitive ability, decreased body fat, improved ability to handle stress, increased confidence and a more positive mood, improved sleep and increased energy levels throughout the day. Testosterone replacement therapy has many side effects such as acne and oily skin, increased risk of heart attack, lower sperm count, which results in infertility, larger breasts, increased risk of blood clots and shrinkage of the testicles.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
According to the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism (2017), hypogonadism with diabetes patients are approximately 20.7% globally and is mainly found in the patients with age group 40–79 years. Increase in the cases of decreasing testosterone level and increment in geriatric population with high danger of testosterone insufficiency are the key drivers for the growth of testosterone replacement therapy market.
Testosterone replacement therapy includes substitution of testosterone hormone in male patients when they experience the ill effects of hypogonadism and lower testosterone level. The TRT drugs are accessible in six diverse forms that are gels, infusions, inserts, buccal glues and orals, which is influencing the market growth. Settled medicinal services and high use and interest for cutting edge TRT items are causing the growth. Increase in the awareness among people about testosterone replacement therapy is the factor to drive market. The high risks of infections like cardiovascular sickness and prostate disease related with testosterone substitution treatment will limit market development, which will restrain the growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global testosterone replacement therapy market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global testosterone replacement therapy market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the testosterone replacement therapy market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the testosterone replacement therapy market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What can be the challenges for the testosterone replacement therapy market in future?
- What are the projections for the future that will help in taking further strategic steps?
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Active ingredients
Key Market Players
Bayer AG, AbbVie, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Kyowa Kirin International plc, Allergan plc, Mylan N.V., Pfizer