Therapeutic Respiratory Devices Market Outlook - 2027
Therapeutic respiratory devices are primarily used in therapeutics for improvising pulmonary functionalities by clearing the airway, enhancing lung oxygen intake capacities and providing assistance for mucous removal from bronchi during respiratory therapeutics treatment. These respiratory devices are also utilized for assistance in the treatment of various chronic ailments associated with respiratory malfunction. These ailments include the likes of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, sleep disorders, asthma and other chronic diseases. Availability of these devices in the market include variable types with slight difference in the application purpose such as long-term respiratory devices used mainly for intensive care, mobile home respiratory devices to be applied in homecare settings and portable respiratory devices to be utilized during emergency for providing point of care assistance. Owing to wide variety of application, these equipment are also implemented if facilitating and improvising respiratory function in infants during post natal care, specifically among the preterm births, post-partum complications and associated conditions.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- Due to the COVID – 19 outbreak, majority of healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations have concentrated on diagnostics kits, safety wearables (PPE kits, face shields, masks) and treatment therapies and medication against Novel coronavirus
- R&D labs are also focusing on finding a breakthrough vaccine against Novel coronavirus
- In addition, the medical professionals are engaged in providing COVID-19 related services, as a result, other healthcare segments have to face negligence
- Moreover, people suffering with bronchitis, respiratory conditions are required to take special precautions as bronchitis being one of the conditions listed under COPD and carry a very high predisposition of getting infected with SARS-CoV-2 making the condition worst
- Respiratory diseases doesn’t cause COVID-19, however patient prone to respiratory ailments such as COPD, chronic bronchitis would be very sick is if gets infected with SARS-CoV-2 which would possibly lead to fatal outcomes
- Hence people with respiratory disorders and related chronic ailments are at increasing risk, which would surge the demand for these respiratory devices due to ongoing pandemic situation
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The myriad of factors including growing prevalence of respiratory diseases and chronic ailments with respiratory dysfunction, increasing rate of aging populace and recent technological achievements are the key drivers of market growth for therapeutic respiratory devices. In addition, increasing application of respiratory function regulators such as nebulizers, humidifiers and oxygen concentrators in the emergency healthcare settings would further surge the demand for these devices in the market. Owing to the attributes wide range of applications of these devices in acute as well as chronic patient care, respiratory therapeutic devices are extensively used by physicians for treatment of patients suffering from respiratory ailments. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report states that the number of COPD affected patients in the U.S. alone is around 12.7 million adults belonging to age group of 18 years and above. Furthermore, WHO estimates the fatal respiratory diseases like tuberculosis, lung cancer and COPD will account for 20% of deaths in the world by the end of year 2030.
The rising geriatric population further amplifies impact of these respiratory diseases as the growing age has been evidently linked with acquiring of chronic respiratory disorders. UN predicts the people in the age group of 60 years and above are accounted for close to 1 billion in 2017 and would further hit the 1.41 billion mark by 2030 globally. The elderly population is at high risk of suffering with various respiratory infections including COPD, bronchitis, asthma and lung cancer with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) being the main cause of respiratory infections impacting the geriatric populace. The Journal of the Italian Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics, estimates the prevalence of COPD to be 10% in the U.S. with people belonging to age group of 75 years or over.
However, lack of patient compliance and higher costs associated with the respiratory devices will hamper the market growth upto certain extent.
Thus, the prevalence of these chronic respiratory diseases is would have a positive impact on the global therapeutic respiratory diseases market ensuring immense growth avenues and fuelling the industry growth in the near future.
Growing prevalence of chronic ailments to foster the market growth
The increasing patient pool owing to the rising prevalence of chronic disorders causing disturbance in the normal functioning of respiration will be a key driver for the development of therapeutic respiratory devices business growth. According to the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) research, approximately, the number of people suffering from sleep breathing disorders in around 100 million, those suffering with asthma is over 235 million people and the number of people diagnosed with COPD reportedly is around 200 million. Factors such as high levels of air pollution, exposures to various toxic chemicals and gases, chain smoking of tobacco causing obstruction of the airway passage for responsible for rising prevalence of respiratory infections in developing as well of developed regions. These factors would ensure the growth of this therapeutic respiratory devices market in the near future.
Technological developments to boost the market development
Technological advents in the field of therapeutic respiratory devices is a prominent factor propelling the market expansion for these devices. Extensive research and development activities in therapeutic treatments have helped in development of highly efficient, mobile, light weight, automated and user friendly medical devices resulting in increasing acceptance of these devices. Further, research for developing better and smarter technologies is in progress. For instance, Human Design Medical (HDM) Corporation introduced their Z1 CPAP device in the market, with attributes including light weight, compact design and smarter technology ensuring high portability during emergency use.
In 2019, Fisher Paykel, a leading player in respiratory devices launched F&P Optiflow 3S, a nasal cannula with the intention of bolstering their position in the therapeutic respiratory care devices market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global therapeutic respiratory devices industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global therapeutic respiratory devices market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global therapeutic respiratory devices market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global therapeutic respiratory devices market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Therapeutic respiratory devices Market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the therapeutic respiratory devices market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Therapeutic Respiratory Devices Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Becton, Dickinson and Company, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited, Koninklijke Philips N.V.3, Draegerwerk AG & CO.KGAA, Smiths Medical., Getinge AB, ResMed, GE Healthcare, Invacare Corporation, Medtronic
Bio Rad Laboratories, Inc