Therapeutic stent is a metallic or a polymer tube implanted into the lumen of blood vessels or ducts to keep the passage open. A stent implant is commonly used for the treatment of cardiac abnormalities such as blocked blood vessels. In addition, stents are implanted in the esophagus to facilitate the passage of food & beverages in patients suffering from esophageal cancer.
The global therapeutic stents market is expected to witness rapid growth due to rise in geriatric population (majorly of the people highly susceptible to strokes and require stent implant for treatment), technological advancements in stents, increased adoption rate of these devices, and increased risk of restenosis in patients undergoing angioplasty. In addition, unhealthy diet habits and lack of necessary physical activity lead to the development of cardiovascular diseases, which increase the need for percutaneous coronary interventions. Conversely, high specificity of stents, exorbitant cost of stent implant procedures, and stringent government regulations are the key factors that hamper the market growth.
The report segments the global therapeutic stents market based on product, material, and region. Based on product, the market is divided into coronary stents (drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, and bioabsorbable stents), peripheral stents, and stent related implants. Based on material, the market is classified into metallic biomaterials, polymer biomaterials, and natural biomaterials. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA regions.
The key players operating in the therapeutic stents market include Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, C.R. Bard, Inc., Elixir Medical Corporation, Medtronic plc, Microport Scientific Corporation, STENTYS SA, and Terumo Corporation.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the market through 20162023 that helps identify the upcoming market opportunities.
- Recent industry trends and developments and the future opportunities are also covered.
- Extensive knowledge about the key market players and their strategies is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of the various factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market is provided.
Therapeutic Stents Market Key Segments:
- Coronary Stents
- Drug-Eluting Stents (DES)
- Bare-Metal Coronary Stents
- Bioabsorbable Stent
- Peripheral Stents
- Stent-Related Implants
- Synthetic Grafts
- Vena Cava Filters
- Metallic Biomaterials
- Polymers Biomaterials
- Natural Biomaterials
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA