Thermal Sprayed Aluminum Coatings Market Analysis:
A coating is a dense paint film, which can be applied on the object's surface. The key purpose of coating application is to shield products such as steel and low carbon steel from corrosive conditions. The coating application feature can be practical, aesthetic, or sometimes both. Coating aids in resistance to erosion, corrosion, heat, and tear. To minimize energy consumption and prevention from corrosion, thermal sprayed aluminum coating is used at industrial level, usually in chemical, petrochemical, automotive, and aerospace industries. The thermal coating is cost-effective, and can shield vital components such as steel and low carbon steel from excessive heat dissipated during combustion, heated media transmission (liquid or gases), or other methods, thus prolonging the service life of components. Thermal sprayed aluminum coatings possess superior adhesion properties, mechanical hazard resistance, wide operating range (−45°C to 540°C), and have no chemical or other organic compounds risks.
Key drivers of global thermal sprayed aluminum coatings market
Low maintenance requirement and resistance from corrosion make sprayed aluminum coatings an ideal option for use in offshore environment. In addition, thermal sprayed aluminum coatings deliver aesthetic and practical uses, which is why they are commonly used in the oil & gas and automotive industries. Increase in need of protection of industrial goods from corrosion and harsh chemicals and rise in manufacturing hubs across the globe are the factors that drive the demand for thermal sprayed aluminum coatings in the projected timeframe.
Market Scenario: Opportunities and Challenges
The demand for thermal sprayed aluminum coating is projected to generate significant growth opportunities in the future. Owing to a shift in demand for aesthetic and functional paints, expansion of the paint & coatings sector is expected to fuel the market for thermal sprayed aluminum coatings. Moreover, the introduction of numerous thermal sprayed aluminum coatings applications in various industries such as oil & gas, marine, automotive, and aerospace is expected to fuel competition for these coatings. Furthermore, owing of the latest technological innovation and developments in this market, the use of thermal sprayed aluminum coatings products in the industrial goods segment is becoming economical. However, inconsistent raw material prices hamper the growth of the market. In addition, development of alternative strategies to penetrate hard surfaces, such as liquid coatings that bear superior properties, is expected to adversely affect the global market growth.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Global thermal sprayed aluminum coating market is expecting a slowdown, owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Various government agencies have implemented lockdown, which has led to shutdown of factories in scores of cities and provinces across the world, leading to predictions of a sharp slowdown in the output from automobile sector to oil & gas industry. In addition, thermal sprayed aluminum coating industry is likely to witness negative impact for the next one or two years, if the growth of the oil & gas industry declines, as it is one of the major consumers of thermal sprayed aluminum coatings. Moreover, companies are dealing with missing sales and fractured supply chains as production activities shutdowns.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global thermal sprayed aluminum coating industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global thermal sprayed aluminum coating market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global thermal sprayed aluminum coating market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global thermal sprayed aluminum coating market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the thermal sprayed aluminum coating market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Thermal Sprayed Aluminum Coatings Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
A&A Thermal Spray Coatings, Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials Plc., KCC Corporation (KCC), Integrated Global Services, Inc., 3M, Dupont De Nemours, Inc., CoorsTek, Inc., Linde Plc., Oerlikon Metco, APS Materials, Inc.