Thermosetting polymer (TP), popularly known as Thermoset Plastic is a form of petrochemical material, commonly available in soft, solid and viscous state. The final form of thermosetting polymer, is obtained by curing, toughening and hardening, induced by involving chemical reactions, introducing heat and exposing to radiations. These thermoset materials retain their shape, strength and form even in very high temperature Numerous characteristics of the thermosetting polymers finds extensive usage in a variety of applications such as-aerospace, safety equipment, electrical insulators, insulating foam, automobiles, adhesives, synthetic fibres, consumer electronics, moulding compounds and others.
Thermoset materials have a strong footprint in global polymer market. The growing need of thermosetting polymers for the production of composites used for fabrication, is one of the major driving forces of TP market. Industries such as aerospace, automobiles, and consumer electronics are some of the largest consumers of TP. Thus, the TP products would witness increased application in near-future. However, thermosetting plastic tends to become a waste landfill as TP material cannot be recycled. This factor therefore proves to be a restraint for the TP sector.
New recyclable thermosets would substitute the traditional thermosets in near future. Scientists are working on modifying the thermoset properties and discovering new range of recyclable thermosetting plastic named as Poly (hexahydrotriazine). Henceforth, big players should put their consolidated efforts into giving allegiance to new innovations, research and development areas in order to survive global competition.
Some of the key strategies adopted by the leading companies in the market are collaboration, research & development towards introducing enhanced version of products. For instance, Showa Denco KK (SDK) has now collaborated with Eternal Materials Corporation Limited in order to increase the production capacity and consolidate its thermosetting bulk moulding compound (BMC) business.
The report fragments the Thermosetting Polymer Market on the basis of materials type, moulding method types, application and geography. Based on material type, the market is segmented as epoxies, phenolic, polyesters, aromatics, aliphatic amines and silicon. Considering the thermosets moulding process, they are classified as reactive injection moulding, compression moulding, extrusion moulding, and spin casting. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented as aerospace, safety equipment, automobiles, adhesives, synthetic fibres and consumer electronics.
Region-wise analysis of thermosetting polymer market in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA are comprehensively analysed in the report.
Key players such as Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co., American Packaging Corporation, AEP Industries, The Dow Chemical Company, Teijin Chemicals, North American Pipe Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, DuPont Corporation and GAIL (India) Limited, National Petrochemical Company (NPC) and others, have been profiled in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Thermosetting Polymer Market, is provided in the report
- The market estimations are made in the report by conducting high-end analysis of the key market segments for the period of 2014-2020
- Detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Region-wise and Country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report
- Key market players within the Thermosetting Polymer Market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly, which helps in understanding global competitive outlook
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the Thermosetting Polymer Market demonstrates the type of materials that are currently being used for thermosetting polymer manufacturing along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The thermosetting polymer can be segmented on the basis of-
Thermosetting Polymer Market By Material Type
Thermosetting Polymer Market By Thermoset Moulding Process Type
- Reactive injection moulding
- Compression moulding
- Extrusion moulding
- Spin casting
Thermosetting Polymer Market By Application Type
- Safety equipment
- Synthetic fibres
- Consumer electronics
Thermosetting Polymer Market By Region
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific