Thiamethoxam is a nicotinoid compound with broad-spectrum insecticidal properties. It is registered for use on numerous crops in many countries against sucking and chewing insects in vegetables, ornamentals, field crops, deciduous fruits, citrus, cotton, and rice. Its systemic properties have resulted in its use against foliar feeding insects via seed treatment, soil application, irrigation systems, or applied to the trunks of trees. It is also registered for direct foliar application.
Rise in income levels, multiple functionalities of thiamethoxam in the food & beverages industry, and rise in awareness towards the medicinal benefits of thiamethoxam drive the growth of the global thiamethoxam market. However, development of resistance among insects due to misuse and environmental limitations on the use of insecticides hamper the growth of this market.
The report segments global thiamethoxam market based on formulation, crop type, pest, and geography. On the basis of formulation, the market is classified into water dispersible granules, flowable concentrate for seed treatment, water soluble tablets, suspension concentrate, liquid, and others. By crop type, it is divided into cereals & grains, fruits & vegetables, and others. According to pest, it is categorized into, bemisia, hemileia & perileucoptera & saissetia, bemisia & sternechus, diaphorina, aphids, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market by 2023, and is witnessing substantial growth in widely agricultural countries such as, China, India, and South Korea.
The key players in the global thiamethoxam market have strategically focused on product launch to gain significant market share. Following are the players analyzed in the report:
- Syngenta Crop Protection
- United Phosphorus Limited (UPL)
- Biostadt India Limited
- Jiangsu Luye Agrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- Rudong Zhongyi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Lianyungang Jindun Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Changqing Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu BVCO Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou ATL Chemical Co., Ltd
- Zhejiang Rayfull Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, emerging estimations, and dynamics in the thiamethoxam market.
- In-depth analysis of the market is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2015 and 2023 are provided.
- Global industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the industry trends.
Thiamethoxam Market Key Segments:
- Water Dispersible Granules (WG)
- Flowable Concentrate for Seed Treatment (FS)
- Water Soluble Tablets (ST)
- Suspension Concentrate (SC)
- Liquid (LI)
By Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Hemileia & Perileucoptera & Saissetia
- Bemisia & Sternechus
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA