Thin film drugs have emerged as an alternative to tablets or capsules due to its effective therapeutic results. The drugs are made of polymers that rapidly dissolve when kept in the mouth or buccal cavity, delivering the drug directly to systemic circulation in the body.
The lower manufacturing costs of thin film drugs, increasing demand for effective drug delivery systems, coupled with increasing research to develop newer polymeric thin films are expected to increase the demand for thin film drugs. However, high costs associated with the treatment restrain the market growth. In addition, effective therapeutic output of the drugs when compared to traditional drugs provides a lucrative opportunity for the market to grow.
The global thin film drugs market is segmented based on product, disease indication, and region. On the basis of product, the market is divided into oral thin films, transdermal thin films, and others. Oral thin films are further bifurcated into sublingual film and fully dissolving dental/buccal films. Based on disease indication, it is categorized into schizophrenia, migraine, opioid dependence, nausea & vomiting, and others. By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG, Wolters Kluwer, Solvay, Allergan plc, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd., and IntelGenx Corp.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global thin film drugs market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global thin film drugs market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global thin film drugs market has been provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global thin film drugs market.
Thin Film Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Oral Thin Film
- Sublingual Film
- Fully Dissolving Dental/Buccal Film
- Transdermal Thin Film
By Disease Indication
- Opioid Dependence
- Nausea & Vomiting
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA