Tinea pedis is a foot infection caused by dermatophyte fungus such as Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and Epidermophyton floccosum, and can spread to toenails and hands. These fungi thrive in warm, humid conditions and are transmitted through direct contact with an infected person. Tinea pedis is more commonly found in tropic and subtropical countries. Some of the clinical symptoms of tinea pedis are maceration, visible fissuring, and scaling in the interdigital areas of hands and feet. Tinea pedis can be treated using topical antifungals in mildly infected cases; whereas in severe cases require oral antifungal treatments.
The global tinea pedis treatment market is segmented based on disease type, route of administration, distribution channel, and geography. Based on disease type, it is classified into interdigital tinea pedis, plantar tinea pedis, and vesicular tinea pedis. Based on route of administration, the market is bifurcated into oral and topical. Topical segment is further classified into gel, creams, spray, lotions, and powders. Based on distribution channel, it is categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The increase in the incidence rate of infectious diseases caused by bacteria, virus, and fungus have enhanced the R&D activities for the treatment of tinea pedis, which predominantly drive the growth of the tinea pedis treatment market. The rise in the geriatric population and increase in the number of immunocompromised patients has increased the incidence of tinea pedis, which fuels demand for their treatments. However, the stringent approval process hamper the market growth.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Zimmer Biomet, Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), Smith & Nephew, Djo (Encore), Zirkonzahn, Waldemar Link, Dragonbio, Stryker, Aesculap (B. Braun), and United Orthopedic Corporation are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global tinea pedis treatment market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of disposable gloves) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market is provided with key market dynamic factors that elucidates the behavior of the market
Tinea Pedis Treatment Market Key Segments:
By Disease Type
- Interdigital Tinea Pedis
- Plantar Tinea Pedis
- Vesicular Tinea Pedis
By Route of Administration
- Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA