Tinplate packaging is an important type of packaging of products. Tinplate is a plate that consists of steel, which is coated with tin. This coating prevents the tinplate from corrosion. Tinplate packaging is widely used in the food & beverage industry to store the food products and beverages. Tinplate packaging is also used to store the paints, oil, chemicals, waxes, and grease. Tinplate packaging comes in different types such as tinplate cans and tinplate boxes. Tinplate is also used to make aerosol caps and containers. Tinplate has the smooth surface which can be used for the printing of brand name and product information.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for tinplate packaging is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries such as manufacturing, food industry due to the lockdown imposed by government of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the tinplate packaging industry negatively, as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of eCommerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong, although the ecommerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products such as groceries and fresh food mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging has faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Owing to the lowered disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods, the packaging industry might face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services, which is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Key driving factors for the growth of tinplate packaging market:
The food & beverage industry is growing and new companies are entering in the market. There is rise in demand for packaged food and to keep that packaged food safe from any contamination proper packaging of the product must be done. Hence, companies are using tinplate packaging for this purpose. Hence, it is considered to be an important factor in the growth of tinplate packaging market.
Restraining factor for the growth of tinplate packaging:
The cost associated with the coating of tin to the packaging product is more which in turn increases the overall cost of tinplate packaging. This could stop some companies to adopt the tinplate packaging method.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the tinplate packaging market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the tinplate packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the tinplate packaging market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed tinplate packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Tinplate Packaging Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Metals type
By End user Industry
Key Market Players
Emballator Metal Group, Alcoa Incorporated, Silgan Holdings, Amcor of Limited, GM Metal Packaging Ltd., Grief Incorporated, Bericap Group, Crown Holdings, Ardagh Group, Shetron Group, Rexam Plc, Jamestrong Packaging, Ton Yi Industrial, CPMC, Manaksia Group, Fujian Fuzhen Metal Packaging Co. Ltd.