Sunscreen is a type of topical product that is applied to the skin for protection against the sun's UV radiation. Generally, it is available in the form of cream, lotion, spray, gel, foam, and others. The direct UV radiations cause harmful effects to the skin causing sunburn, skin cancer, and other skin problems, therefore sunscreen has gained importance for daily use purposes. Sunscreens are broadly classified into two categories; physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreen. The physical sunscreen is made up of mineral-based ingredients such as zinc oxide and titanium oxide which blocks and deflects the UV radiation. Chemical sunscreenconsist of carbon-based compounds such as oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, and avobenzone which convert the UV rays into heat and are known as organic absorbers. Tinted sunscreen is a type of sunscreencombined with a light foundation or variation of faint color to provide additional benefits of touch up to the skin. Tinted sunscreen provides the natural makeup look along with protection from UV radiation due to the presence of sun protection factor (SPF). Sunscreen products in U.S. are monitored over the counter (OTC) drug product and are regulated by the FDA.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic hasimpacted the sales of the tinted sunscreen market due to the changing consumer buying behavior and inclination toward essential items rather than beauty products.
- The production of a tinted sunscreen market has been affected due to the shutdown of several manufacturing units in various countries and a shortage of manpower. Moreover, the inabilities in the procurement of raw material have declined the production of tinted sunscreens.
- The e-commerce platform for shipping the tinted sunscreenproducts has been affected due to the late deliveries and transportation restrictions.
- The sales and revenue of the tinted sunscreen market have declined as the distribution channels such as retail stores and supermarkets have shut down due to the implementation of lockdown in various countries.
- The export and import ban in several countries has led to difficulty in the global supply chain of the tinted sunscreen market.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Tinted sunscreen has gained importance in recent times due to its dual benefit to the skin and has been used for daily skin protection. The launch of tinted sunscreen and moisturizer products are widely used by women and are ideal for men as well. The increasing appearance consciousness, increased exposure to the sun, the harmful effect of UV radiations, increase in skin cancer and other skin problems, availability of various types of sun protection factor, increasing sun sensitivity, consciousness toward healthy and alluring skin, the requirement of natural makeup products, persistent pigment darkening, protection of skin from external makeup, glow enhancing tinted sunscreen, the dual function of tinted sunscreens, protection against ultraviolet long wave (UVA) and ultraviolet short wave (UVB) radiations, complexion enhancement, skin toning effects, surge in innovation and technology, investment in R&D, new product development, e-commerce, celebrity endorsements, social media marketing, and increasing disposable income are the key drivers which leadsgrowth of global tinted sunscreenmarket. However,government regulations and restrictions, expensive tinted sunscreens, increased competition, allergies due to the added ingredients, availability of regular sunscreen products,and an increase in requirement of organic products hinder the market growth.
The Global Tinted Sunscreen Market Trends
Tinted Sunscreen for Dual Functionality
The inclination toward the alluring skin and beauty consciousness has led to new product development and improvement of existing products. The launch of tinted sunscreen has presented a new alternative of natural makeup along with the protection of skin from harmful radiations. The advanced R&D has proved the beneficial effect of sunscreens such as the prevention of sunburn, melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, wrinkles, sagging skin, dark spots, and others. Tinted sunscreens are available in several variants and have characteristics such as PUFA-free or low-PUFA, silicone-free, fragrance-free, zinc oxide, water-resistant, reef safe and others.
The combined colored base and various broad-spectrum sun protection factor in the tinted sunscreen has been preferred as an alternative to heavy makeup due to their properties such as lightweight, anti-inflammatory, added antioxidants, high absorption, non-whitening of skin, different color shades and others.
Key Segments Covered
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global tinted sunscreen industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global tinted sunscreen market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global tinted sunscreen market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global tinted sunscreen market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Tinted Sunscreen Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the tinted sunscreen market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Tinted Sunscreen Market Report Highlights
By Product type
By Sun Protection Factor
By Distribution Channels
Key Market Players
Tizo Company, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, French Transit Ltd., Boscia LLC, Unilever, Pierre Fabre DermoCosmetique USA, Suntegrity Skincare Company, KOSE Global, Procter & Gamble, Colorescience Inc., Sweetstation Therapy, L’Oreal S.A., Australian Gold LLC, Coola Suncare LLC