The tire machinery refers tire building equipment that is used to assemble all components such as sidewall, bead, body ply, tread and inner liner together to build a green tire. The tire manufacturing process is done in two stages. The first stage includes the building of the casing such as sidewall, body plies, inner liner and apex. The second stage includes the coating of treads and belts that are applied on the top of casing. The high pressure and temperature are applied during the tire curing process to form various dimensions of green tires. The manufacturing process is computer programmed to carry out all various operations simultaneously. The tire building machinery is categorized into bias tire and radial tire on the basis of tire structure.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for the tire building machinery is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from automotiveindustries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the tire building machinery, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the tire building machinery market significantly form last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed form giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing demand for the replacement of tires in the commercial vehicles and personal vehicles due to harsh road conditions across various regions is expected to fuel the tire building machinery market. The manufacturers are increasingly adopting automation solutions in their manufacturing process to increase the tire productivity and reduce the maintenance cost. This in turn is expected to fuel the tire building machinery market growth. The rising technological advancement such as IoT in tire manufacturing process is further expected to fuel the tire building machinery market. The commercial vehicles tires are needed to be replaced every 5 years due to their daily operations in harsh conditions which acts as a growth driver for the tire building machinery market. The rising number of vehicles and increasing demand for the different patterns & dimensions of tires is further expected to boost the tire building machinery market. North America is accounted to hold the largest share in tire building machinery market followed by Europe. However, the change in tire specifications and high initial investment in the equipment can hamper the growth of the market.
The global tire building machinery market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
Thelaunch of new generation technologically advanced products can boost the growth of the market. In the past few years, many such products having unique features were launched in the market. On September 2019, one of the global leader in tire building machineryMesnac has launched a new tire building machineTPRO-S. The TPRO-S is specifically designed with an uni-stage three drum tire building machine for heavy motor vehicles such as trucks and buses. The TPRO-S can reduce the cycle time by 20% in comparison to traditional tire building machines by providing a daily output of 500 tires.
High demand form applications :
The tire building machinery are employed for manufacturing of tires for the automotive industries and non-automotive industries. The tire building machinery is generally used for manufacturing of pneumatic green tires that are used in the commercial and passenger vehicles. The tire buildings machinery is used for the shaping, mixing, vulcanizing and compounding the rubber tires. The tire building machinery is also used in manufacturing of metal tires that are used on locomotives and railcars. The solid rubber or polymer tires are used in various non-automotive applications such as carts, lawnmowers, wheelbarrows and casters. There are different types of tire cutter such as bias cutter and splicer lines. The bias cutter is used for various cutting angle during the tire manufacturing process. The tire is built with different size and dimensions by the usage of bias cutter. Further, the splicing liner are used for winding and cutting of large rubber strips into narrow rubber strips for forming the texture of the tires.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the tire building machinery market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the tire building machinery market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight thetire building machinery market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Tire Machinery Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., Tianjin Saixiang Technology Co. Ltd., a.s., Herbert, MESNAC, All Well Industry Co., Ltd., PELMAR GROUP LTD, Bartell Machinery System, Nakata Engineering Co. Ltd., KONŠTRUKTA-TireTech, LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITEd