Tissue ablation is the process of destruction of diseased tissues to prevent disease proliferation. Tissue ablation uses radiofrequency electric current, microwaves, laser, and ultrasound to destroy diseased tissues, which is why it becomes a preferred choice of treatment owing to its minimally invasive nature.
The major factor that drives the growth of the global tissue ablation market is rise in the incidence of chronic diseases such as COPD, ESRD, urology disorders, and others. According to the 2015 CDC data, in 2012, about 117 million people had one or more chronic illnesses. This accounted for about 80% of all deaths of which cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) was the leading cause, followed by diabetes and chronic respiratory diseases.
In addition, increase in the demand for minimally invasive treatment options and increased government initiatives to develop healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies further fuel the market growth. However, complications associated with ablation technologies and undiagnosed diseased population due to lack of awareness about diseases form the major restraints for the market. In addition, increasing awareness regarding availability of tissue ablation devices is expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities to the market.
The report segments the global tissue ablation market based on technology and indication. Based on technology, the market is segmented into radiofrequency ablation, ultrasound ablation, laser-based ablation, irreversible electroporation, cryoablation devices, microwaves ablation, hydrothermal ablation, and external beam radiation therapy (EBRT). In terms of indication, the market is divided into cardiovascular diseases, obesity, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), urology disorders, joint pains, and others. Regionally, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players of the global tissue ablation market include Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic plc, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott Laboratories, Alcon Inc., Biosense Webster Inc., Alpinion Medical System, C.R. Bard Inc., Smith & Nephew PLC, and Stryker Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global tissue ablation market and the current trends & future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets from 2016 to 2023.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product type assists in understanding the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Tissue Ablation Market Key Segments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Ultrasound Ablation
- Laser-Based Ablation
- Irreversible Electroporation
- Cryoablation Devices
- Microwaves Ablation
- Hydrothermal Ablation
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Urology Disorders
- Joint Pains
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA