Tissue engineering is a technique used to restore, maintain, and improve damaged tissues and organs. It develops functional tissues as an alternative to natural ones by using a combination of scaffolds, biologically active molecules, and cells. The skin substitutes are developed using human tissue or non-human tissue, or a combination of both. This technique is commonly used to treat burns, acute wounds, and chronic wounds.
The global tissue engineered skin substitutes market is segmented based on type, route of administration, distribution channel, application, end users, and geography. Based on type, it is classified into synthetic skin substitute, biosynthetic skin substitute, and biological skin substitute. Biological skin substitute is further bifurcated into allograft and xenograft. Allograft is further divided into cellular allograft and acellular allograft. Based on application, the market is segmented into burn injury, diabetic foot ulcers, chronic wounds, and others. Based on end users, it is categorized into hospitals and other healthcare facilities. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The increase in number of patients suffering from diabetes and vascular ulcers, high demand for minimally invasive procedures, and the growth in geriatric population majorly drive the market growth. The developing nations in Asia-Pacific and Latin America provide cheaper medical treatments, thus attracting the patient population from developed countries and boost the growth of the market in these regions. However, lack of feasible reimbursement policies and inability of reproducing skin appendages hamper the market growth.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Amarantus BioScience Holdings, Organogenesis, Inc., Acelity L.P., Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, BSN Medical, Molnlycke Health Care, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Medtronic, Tissue Regenix Ltd., and Stratatech Corporation are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global tissue engineered skin substitutes market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of disposable gloves) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market is provided with key market dynamic factors that elucidates the behavior of the market
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Key Segments:
- Synthetic Skin Substitute
- Biosynthetic Skin Substitute
- Biological Skin Substitute
- Cellular Allograft
- Acellular Allograft
- Burn Injury
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Chronic Wounds
By End Users
- Other Healthcare Facilities
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA