Toiletries are personal care items that are generally used to keep a person's overall hygiene in check. Previously, most individuals had a modest grooming regimen and relied heavily on inferior quality products that were not of the proper standard of usage. Personal grooming has changed in recent years as the awareness of attractiveness and hygiene has increased. As a result, individuals are more likely to spend money on cosmetics like face cleansers, exfoliators, anti-ageing lotions, and sunscreens. The rising number of individuals who spend a substantial amount of time and money on personal grooming, clothing, and aesthetic treatments, combined with celebrity endorsement of grooming products, is fueling the toiletry products market's expansion. Furthermore, the increase in popularity of social media sites such as Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram has intensified the societal pressure to look gorgeous and well-groomed at all times. The demand for toiletry goods has declined after the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic since customers no longer require them.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the toiletry products market negatively. During the ongoing pandemic, toiletry products were not considered necessary products. Therefore, the demand for toiletry products has decreased during the pandemic.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had been disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of toiletry products had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labor, disrupted supply of raw materials, and logistic issues.
Top Impacting Factors
- Changes in lifestyle, rapid urbanization, and daily grooming habits have increased the demand for toiletry products over the past few years. Personal grooming has majorly influenced the increased usage of toiletry products, forcing the companies to level up their production.
- The growing population and the urge of consumers to look good all day have further fueled the demand for toiletry products. The population in the rural area is also adapting the usage of toiletries, forcing the companies to shift their focus from metros to exploring the rural market.
- In developing economies, consumers of rural areas are price-sensitive and opt for a low price product. On the other hand, the metropolitan population is interested in high-priced products to satisfy their esteem needs. The demand for both types of products is forcing the companies to increase their production to meet the market demand and ensure there is no gap between demand and supply.
The Introduction of Small Bottle Packs is improving the Sales.
The rural population in a developing country does not opt for the purchase of large quantity packs of toiletry products since the product demands are not high every day. Manufacturing firms understood the volume required by rural consumers and created a tiny bottle pack of toiletries. The bottle of toiletry products comes in a modest quantity and at a reasonable price for single or many applications. This tiny bottle pack has improved the sales of toiletry products and has reached remote parts of the country.
Consumers Prefer Organic Variant Toiletry Products over a Chemical Variant
The importance of organic products is rising due to their long-term benefit. Chemical infused toiletries leads to acne and increase the chances of developing rashes. The advancement of technology and the better utilization of herbs and medicinal plants are giving a new scope for developing products to repair skin damage. Though, 100% organic foundation comes with a hefty price tag which is higher than conventional chemically processed toiletry products. Infusing the essential vitamins in skincare, hair care, and other toiletry products is helping to nourish and improve skin conditions. Due to the introduction of innovative product variants, there is a surge in demand for organic toiletry products.
Social Media Plays a Vital Role in the Advertisement of Toiletry Products
Companies ask well-known social media producers to endorse their brands since they have a huge social media following, and the product promotion is likely to reach a wide audience. The product campaigns are aimed at raising customer knowledge of the need for proper hygiene of the body and follow a good skincare habit. Through their advertising, toiletry product firms are implying that by using their product, people may expect to have healthy skin and body.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the toiletry products industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the toiletry products market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the toiletry products market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed toiletry products market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Toiletry Products Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the toiletry products market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Toiletry Products Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Hindustan Unilever Limited.,, Bioderma Laboratories.,, Godrej Consumers Product Limited.,, Henkel AG & Co.,, The Estee Lauder Company Inc.,, Proctor & Gamble Pvt Ltd.,, Johnson & Johnson Services., Inc.,, L’Oreal S.A.,, Himalaya Drug Company Private Limited.,, Beierserdof AG.,