Molds are hollow blocks filled with a malleable liquid which when solidified takes the form and shape of the mould; dies are tools used for shaping and cutting metal based on the required specification. Molds and dies form the basis of any foundry and help produce all types of mechanical and polymer objects. A well-developed mold and die industry is a pre-requisite for the development of any other heavy mechanical industry in a region.
The U.S. and Europe lead the tool production markets since the beginning. Use of hot runner technology to make molds, especially in the plastic mold industry and their unquestionable importance are stated to be the key market drivers. On the other hand, old and absolute manufacturing processes may hold back the market a bit. Nevertheless, huge investments to develop the manufacturing industries in the emerging economies of China, India, Brazil, and South Africa provide for plenty of scope and opportunity.
The report segments the tooling (molds) market on the basis of product, end-user industry, and geography. Based on product, it is classified into plastic mold, forgings and jigs, fixtures & gauges. Based on end-user industry, it is categorized into plastic, electrical & electronics and automotive. Based on geography, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players, which include Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Proper Group International Inc., Moega Tool Corp., Delta Tooling Co., Dongguan MQ Precision Hardware Co. Ltd., LB Technology (HK) Co. Ltd., Richsign Industrial Ltd., MSI Mold Builders Inc., Unique Tool & Gauge Inc., and Precision Group Mold & Tool.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the tooling (molds) market.
- In-depth analysis of tooling (molds) market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of tooling (molds) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Tooling (Molds) Market Key Segmentation
- Plastic Mold
- Jigs, Fixtures, and Gauges
- Electrical & Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- Mosdan Diamond Tools Co. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Haston Industrial Development Co. Ltd.
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.