Tooth Filling Materials Market Outlook - 2027
Dental filling refers is the technique used for restoring or repairing a decayed tooth to reshape it back to its original capacity. Whereas, dental filling material refers to the constituents designed to comply with the oral system to cure, repair, or replace a tissue function of teeth. Filling materials are of variable nature including natural, synthetic, or multi-componential. Dental filling materials are comprised of wide variety of elements such as gold, silver, ceramics or amalgamated metal filling that is extensively used for restoring affected or infected tooth. Furthermore, it can also be utilized to repair tooth fractures, tooth decay and other affected surfaces of the teeth. Dental filling materials can also be used to enhance tooth surfaces for enhanced functionalities of biting and chewing. Sensitivity that is affected by enamel expense can be fostered or disposed of with the help of appropriate dental filling which is implemented to smoothen the tooth surface. They also reduce the pain owing to tooth impairments.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses.
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth.
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to SARS-CoV-2.
- Healthcare organizations are already working in battle mode, preparing new plans to respond growing COVID-19 patients, right from sourcing rapid diagnosing kits to sufficient PPE kits for workers.
- Due to diversion of medical field toward treating COVID-19, the funding to R&D activities related to dental tooth filling materials has been reduced and this segment has to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on tooth filling materials market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The prime factors driving the market growth are increasing incidences of dental disorders due to poor oral hygiene among a large population, increasing prevalence of dental carries and rising awareness regarding tooth filling treatments and its benefits. Dental caries is leading causes of dental ailments and primary teeth extraction. The Journal of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry states that dental caries prevalence has grown to 35% worldwide, for people from all age groups combined contributing to the global burden of dental diseases. Additionally, oral disorders are reported in around 3.9 billion population, among which majority of the population avoids treatment of these disorders.
Moreover, factors including healthy reimbursement settings and rising awareness among people for maintaining oral hygiene will amplify the industry growth. Government in various geographies all over the world are also taking initiatives for promoting awareness regarding oral hygiene practices and maintenance. The Indian Dental Association have initiated the National Oral Health Program (NOHP) that promotes oral health and encourages people with dental caries and ailments to opt for effective treatment thus aiming for optimal oral health by the year 2020.
The growing demand for dental aesthetics and cosmetic dentistry are further fuelling the market growth. Such services are gaining importance owing to rising healthcare expenditure, increasing desire for better physical appearance and surge in disposable income. The dental tourism concept is gaining popularity among patients opting for dental treatment, which would boost the market growth in near future. Moreover, technological achievements in the tooth filling procedures and increasing use of materials as per patient convenience is propelling the market growth. These technological enhancements are would also create new avenues for the market growth.
However, toxicity involved with silver amalgams as tooth filling materials and post-procedure complications would potentially hamper the growth of the market.
Rising cases of oral diseases to drive the market
The high prevalence of oral diseases has increased significantly in the recent years. According to WHO, half of the world’s population is affected due to oral diseases, with around 3.5 billion people in the year 2016. The Globocan Project statistics highlight over 300,000 oral cancer and lip cancer recorded cases all across the globe by 2012 and further predicted to hit 700,000 mark by 2017. WHO statistics also highlights 60-90% of adults and children were affected by dental carries, tooth decay and other dental ailments. Thus, the increasing number of cases of patients suffering from oral diseases coupled with increasing awareness among the people regarding oral hygiene, growing demand for cosmetic dentistry and rising dental tourism, especially in developing countries is expected to boost the growth of the global tooth filling materials market.
North American region dominates the market
North America is expected to lead the tooth filling materials throughout. The dominance is due to factors like rise in the prevalence of oral disorders, presence of dental clinics on a large scale and healthy economic condition of the patient population to afford the treatment costs and higher adoption of technology in the region. Drastic rise in healthcare expenditure, availability of a well-developed infrastructure and presence of major industry are the other factors fostering the market in the near future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global tooth filling materials market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global tooth filling materials market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global tooth filling materials market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global tooth filling materials market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Tooth filling materials Market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the tooth filling materials market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Tooth Filling Materials Market Report Highlights
By Filling Type
By Filling Material
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Kerr Corporation, DMG Chemisch-Pharmazeutische Fabrik, DENTSPLY International, VOCO GmbH., Coltene Whaledent, SDI Limited, Premier Dental, DenMat Holdings, Heraeus kulzer gmbh, Pentron Clinical Technologies LLC
Sirona Dental Systems Inc