The term "toothpowder" refers to a powder that is used to clean, maintain, and enhance the health of teeth. The toothpowder is used to keep teeth clean and avoid dental plaque and bad breath. Because of its pathogenic nature, dental plaque deposits on teeth are a major source of concern for consumers. Gingivitis, dental cavities, halitosis, and periodontal disorders are all caused by plaque buildup. As a consequence, regular oral and dental hygiene contributes to the preservation of healthy teeth and overall health. Furthermore, growing awareness of oral hygiene among the world's young population has boosted the use of teeth care products, which effectively eliminate plaque from the oral cavity, boosting the toothpowder industry. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for toothpowder has fallen as consumers have shifted their interest toward essential amenities that could help them to survive the situation.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the toothpowder market negatively. During the continuing pandemic, toothpowder manufacturers were forced to shut down operations or employ half of their personnel for manufacturing. The poor output of toothpowder has harmed businesses, and the market's expansion has reached a roadblock.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had been disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of toothpowder had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labor, disrupted supply of raw materials, and logistic issues.
Top Impacting Factors
- Changes in lifestyle, rapid urbanization, and daily oral care habits have increased the demand for toothpowder over the past few years. Personal oral health has majorly influenced the increased usage of toothpowder, forcing the companies to level up their production.
- The growing population and the urge of consumers to feel fresh and have good oral health all day have further fueled the demand for toothpowder. The toothpowder is considered a sustainable alternative as compared to conventional toothpaste. It is expected that using toothpowder in consumers will increase as it is convenient to use and easy to carry than conventional toothpaste which poses a threat of spillage.
- In developing economies, consumers of rural areas are price-sensitive and opt for a low price product. On the other hand, the metropolitan population is interested in high-priced products to satisfy their esteem needs. The demand for both types of products is forcing the companies to increase their production to meet the market demand and ensure there is no gap between demand and supply.
Consumers Preferring for Organic Variant Toothpowder over a Chemical Variant
The importance of organic products is rising due to their long-term benefit. Chemical infused toothpowder leads to gum problems and increases the chances of developing long-term ailments. The advancement of technology and the better utilization of herbs and medicinal plants are giving a new scope for developing products to maintain oral health without any side effects. The organic toothpowder is more costly than toothpaste tubes made with chemicals. Infusing the essential herbs in toothpowder is helping to nourish and improve gum and teeth. Due to the introduction of innovative product variants, there is a surge in demand for organic toothpowder.
Social Media Plays a Vital Role in the Advertisement of Toothpowder
Companies ask well-known social media producers to endorse their brands since they have a huge social media following, and the product promotion is likely to reach a wide audience. The product promotions are designed to raise customer knowledge of the importance of excellent oral health and appropriate oral hygiene habits. Toothpowder companies advertise that customers may expect to enhance their dental health if they use their product.
Short Shelf Life and Premium Price of Toothpowder is Hindering the Market Growth
Lesser shelf life and lesser accessibility of toothpowder in the market are restraining factors for the growth of the toothpowder market during the forecast period. Furthermore, toothpowder is more expensive than ordinary toothpaste, discouraging consumers from using it since they are price-conscious and prefer to use toothpaste.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the toothpowder industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the toothpowder market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the toothpowder market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed toothpowder market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Toothpowder Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the toothpowder market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Toothpowder Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
GlaxoSmithKline Plc.,, Colgate Palmolive India Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services., Inc.,, Himalaya Drug Company Private Limited.,, Patanjali Ayurved Ltd.,, Dabur International Ltd.,, Amway Corporation.,, Hindustan Unilever Limited.,, Proctor & Gamble Pvt Ltd.,