Pain is caused by potential tissue damage as a result of injury. Moreover, pain is the most prevalent symptom associated with most of chronic conditions. Pain management involves employment of medications to treat several painful conditions. Topical pain relief creams are applied on the external surface of skin by a rubbing action. These creams are applied for pain management in muscle cramps, sprains, tendon injuries, arthritis, spinal disorders, severe limb trauma, and osteoarthritis. Application of the topical creams directly to the aching or concerned area allows the skin to absorb the medication’s ingredients, resulting in faster relief as compared to the oral medication that need to work through the bloodstream to relieve the pain. Thus, topical creams are most beneficial on muscles and joints that are close to the skin surface, as this results in quick absorption of the drug. Moreover, these creams have lesser side effects as they do not require circulation or gastrointestinal absorption through the bloodstream. Moreover, oral medications affect the pain sensitivity of the entire body, whereas topical pain relief creams provide relief where it is needed the most.
According to an estimate of the data published by the Arthritis Foundation, about 54 million adults in the U.S. have doctor-diagnosed arthritis. Almost 300,000 babies and children suffer from arthritis or rheumatic condition. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which affects an estimate of 31 million Americans. Number of people expected to have doctor-diagnosed arthritis by the year 2040 is more than 78 million. Thus, rise in prevalence of arthritis is expected to fuel the growth of the global topical pain relief cream market.
The growth of the global topical pain relief cream market is further driven by increase in prevalence of cancer pain and other bone-related conditions. Furthermore, rise in adoption of topical pain relief products propels the market growth, as they cause lesser side effects in comparison to oral pain relief. Moreover, upsurge in geriatric population across the world and increase in demand for topical pain relief by sports players supplement the growth of the market. However, topical pain relief medications can cause skin irritation, which limits their adoption. In addition, they have a strong, unpleasant odor, which hampers their adoption, thereby restraining the growth of the market. Conversely, the development of online platform for the topical therapeutics and high potential in untapped markets in the emerging economies are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the topical pain relief cream industry.
The global topical pain relief cream market is segmented into brand and region. On the basis of brand, the global topical pain relief cream market is categorized into Ultra-Strength Cream, Icy Hot Cream, The Rub, Capzasin-Hp Cream, Aspercreme, Sportscreme, Myoflex Cream, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
Major players operating in the topical pain relief cream market include Pfizer, Inc., Nutramarks, Inc., Sanofi S. A., Johnson and Johnson, Glaxosmithkline Plc, Topical Biomedics, Inc., Exzell Pharma, and Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current topical pain relief cream market trends and forecast estimations which assist to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise topical pain relief cream market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global market.
Topical Pain Relief Cream Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Galderma Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline, NovartisInternational, Sanofi, Prestige Brands, Bayer, 3M Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Merck, Johnson & Johnson