Tourniquets is a bandage type compressing device used to control blood circulation in arteries and veins to an extremity for a particular period of time. It is mainly used by military medics for cannulation and to stop the flow of blood or vascular occlusion.
High demand for tourniquets in military applications, increase in R&D activities, technological advancements such as sterile disposable tourniquets, rise in initiatives from governments, and growth in incidences of intestinal-related disorders drive the market. However, lack of product differentiation and adverse effects after using tourniquets such as hyperemia, hyperthermia, and pain restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, the development of latex-free tourniquets and increase in number of programs and initiatives by government provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market during forecast period.
Tourniquets device market is segmented on the basis of product type, component, end user, and region. Based on the product type, the market is bifurcated into non-pneumatic tourniquets and pneumatic tourniquets. On the basis of component, the market is classified into tourniquet instrument, tourniquet cuffs, and others. Tourniquet cuffs are further segmented as reusable, and disposable. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into military, ambulatory settings, hospitals, clinics, non-institutional use, and others. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Stryker Corporation, VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, Zimmer Biomet, Anetic Aid, Ulrich GmbH & Co. KG, Delfi Medical, Teleflex Incorporated, Medline Industries, Inc., Friedrich Bosch GmbH & Co. KG, and Rudolf Riester GmbH.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global tourniquets device market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global tourniquets device market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Tourniquets Device Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Non-Pneumatic Tourniquets
- Pneumatic Tourniquets
- Tourniquet Instrument
- Tourniquet Cuffs
By End User
- Ambulatory Setting
- Non-Institutional Use
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA