Rail transportation offers an ideal, safe comfortable and environment friendly mobility solution for urban and interurban transportation systems. Increase in urbanization in emerging nations has strained the existing road, rail, and air infrastructure. This has also resulted in the development of infrastructure for connectivity of metros to the suburbs. Population growth in these regions is further driving the demand for rolling stock and supporting infrastructure such as maintenance and services. Urbanization is estimated to drive the demand for intra-city mobility solutions.
However, if the capital requirement for a particular project is too high, it could discourage investments and act as a restraint. The return on investment (ROI) period is also long and may hinder the growth of capital-intensive projects or technologies.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in train contractors market attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of train contractors market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of train contractors market in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for train contractors was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for train contractor products.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Train contractors market manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Train contractors market are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
The global rail infrastructure market is highly capital-intensive and require a high degree of support from the government. There is a rise in demand for public transport in metropolitan regions. Government bodies are expected to invest heavily in developing support infrastructure and improving existing infrastructure to accommodate this demand. The reports cover key developments in the train contractors market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from train contractors market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rise in demand for train contractors in the global market.
- Taking up new projects to build a benchmark in the market is a business strategy to expand a company’s position in a market. For instance, LAXYO backed by its technical and project management skills was able to create history in completing the project of laying 32 Kms of railway track in North Western Railway Jodhpur Zone in the state of Rajasthan (India). The engineers at Laxyo used all its Logistics skills, Inventory Management and HR skill to handle labors on the construction site. Laxyo has been in the field of erection and commission projects from four decade, this enabled us to complete the project from inception to implement in the rough working condition prevailing in the desert environment.
- Mergers and acquisitions have emerged as a common business strategy for companies focusing to expand into new markets or territories, have a competitive edge, or obtain new technologies and skill sets. For instance, on June 2021, WEGH Group, Italy, has announced the €22m acquisition of IPA Ferroviaria, a fellow Italian manufacturer of track infrastructure components including sleepers and slabs for conventional and high-speed railways. They stated that this acquisition will strengthen the track supplier’s sleeper portfolio.
- Furthermore, investments in the railway sector is also boosting the demand for the railway constructors market. Moreover, Government of various countries is also initiating the investments. For instance, on May 2021, the Government of India and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a finance contract for the second tranche of US$ 182.30 million for the Pune Metro Rail project.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the train contractors market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the train contractor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the train contractor market industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed train contractor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Train Contractor Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Sensata Technologies, Inc., BB Group, Alstom SA, Wabtec Corporation, The Schaltbau Group, Schneider Electric SE, Telema SpA, Sécheron Hasler Group, Legrand Pvt Ltd, Siemens AG, Crouzet Automatismes, Lionel Train Contactor