A locomotive is a rail transport vehicle that provides the power for a train it usually does not have a payload capacity of its own, and its sole purpose is to transport the train along the tracks. A locomotive suspension consists of a system of springs, suspension, as well as linkages that unite a vehicle to its wheels. Suspension essentially serves two purposes it improves the vehicle handling process as well as braking, keeping the passengers aboard free from vibrations, road bumps, and noise. Moreover, it minimizes the transmission of shocks caused by variations in the trackbed to the locomotive underframe. Furthermore, there are mainly two types of train suspension systems used generally, primary suspension system and secondary suspension system. The primary suspension system is located between the axle box & the bogie and consists of dampers & springs, whereas the secondary suspension system is located between the bogie frame & the vehicle and consists of a pneumatic suspension system
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID -19, lockdown announced by the government across major countries, stringent social distancing norms have affected the rail operation since the trains cannot operate with crowds like before the pandemic. Furthermore, the manufacturing of trains globally has been halted affecting the demand for train locomotive suspension. In addition, the raw materials required for manufacturing of train locomotive suspension were not available and the unavailability of labor due to movement restrictions by the government further delayed the operation. Railway had a negative impact due to the pandemic, but it is expected to grow again post-pandemic which will drive the growth of product market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in advanced & precise suspension system, surge in government investment towards railway development, and increase in demand for electric locomotives are expected to drive growth of the market.
However, a high preference for air transport and increase in demand for high-speed maglev train can hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, the digitalization of trains, advancement of solar-powered trains, and popularity of traveling via railways act as various opportunities for the growth of the market.
Digitalization of train
- The rise in demand for smart, environmentally sustainable, and user-friendly mobile systems contributes to the development of global transportation. The use of cloud computing, the internet of things (IoT), automation, robotics, and big data analytics for digital train control and automation. Digitization will lead to improvement in the overall efficiency and safety of railway infrastructure. Thus, the rise in digitization will drive the demand for the development of new trains which may boost the growth of the train locomotive suspension market
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the train locomotive suspension market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the train locomotive suspension market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the train locomotive suspension market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed train locomotive suspension market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the train Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the train locomotive suspension market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the train locomotive suspension market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Train locomotive Suspension Market Report Highlights
By Spring Type
By Suspension Type
By Train Type
Key Market Players
ARNOT Vibration Solutions, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Knorr – Bremse, SuomenVaimennin, Koni – Enidine Rail, Growag, Stucki Company, ALCO Spring Industries Inc., Atlas Copco North America LLC, Continental AG