Transcatheter Cardiac Pacemaker Market Outlook - 2027
A cardiac pacemaker is an electronic device positioned in the chest or upper abdominal region that regulates the abnormal heart rhythms. It uses electrical pulses and carries them throughout the cardiac muscles, prompting the cardiac contraction facilitating blood flow and thus aids in normalizing the heartbeat. Sinus node is the natural pacemaker present in the heart which is also a major component of cardiac conduction system that controls the heart rhythms.
Pacemakers are widely utilized for treatment of arrhythmias that are problems associated with abnormal rate of cardiac rhythms. In arrhythmia, the heart is not able to sufficient blood to various body organs. This leads to health concerns such as difficulty in breathing, fatigue and even fainting. Severity of arrhythmias can further affect the function of clinical body organs and damage them resulting into unconsciousness and even death. A cardiac pacemaker is helpful in treatment of arrhythmias and provides relief from fatigue and fainting and further can also help individuals suffering from arrhythmia in monitoring cardiac health and record electrical activity and rhythms of heart.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to SARS-CoV-2
- In addition, it has been observed after some research that people with prevalence of cardiac diseases are at higher risk for mortality and morbidity related to COVID-19 compared to the average population
- Recent studies have also revealed that COVID-19 can cause heart injury, even in people without heart abnormalities
- Henceforth, patients and the cardiac arrest treatment industry is facing struggles amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Due to diversion of medical field towards treating COVID-19,the funding to R&D activities related to cardiac diseases has been reduced, manufacture of ventilators essential for COVID-19 treatment has been prioritized and as a result, this segment have to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Major drivers for the transcatheter cardiac pacemaker include technological advancements in cardiac pacemakers, growing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases including coronary artery diseases, heart failures, and hypertension and increase in number of cases of aortic disorders in geriatric population. The aging global population in countries like the U.S., Europe and Japan and other developed countries is expected to rise from 760 million i.e. 11% in 2011 to 2 billion i.e. 22% by 2050. Aging populace surges the demand for minimally invasive surgeries pertaining to the risk of complications in surgery. Additionally, aortic valvular disease accounts for most common causes leading to operative procedure or transcatheter valve replacement in the European region. Thus, due to these factors, transcatheter heart valve replacement market would witness tremendous growth in coming years.
Favorable reimbursement scenario pertaining to Medicaid plans, Medicare and insurance claims sponsored by the regulatory authorities for the patients further increase the affordability of these transplant surgeries and thus, fueling the treatment rate for valvular diseases. Further, the Micra Transcatheter Pacing System offered by Medtronic is covered under Coverage with Evidence Development (CED) are contributing to this market growth.
Integration of cardiac pacemaker has increased in cardiac surgeries due to attributes including potential to improvise and foster the mechanism in bradycardic conditions, shorter recovery time and MRI compatibility. Factors such as developments in transcatheter process, reduction in complications associated with surgical risks coupled with minimally invasive procedures, government initiatives and favorable reimbursement scenario will propel the transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market.
Transcatheter cardiac pacemaker devices are implemented within a single chamber of heart. This restriction to a single-chamber placement can be an impeding factor for this market.
Increase in prevalence of cardiac diseases to propel the market growth
Cardiovascular diseases hold the first place in cause for death globally than any other disease according to World Health Organization (WHO). In 2016, cardiac diseases caused fatality in an estimated 17.9 million people, highlighting 31% of all global deaths with majority deaths were accounted in developing economies with low income category. This can be an opportunity for the transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market to expand into developing economies.
Cardiac diseases are increasing with rising population and changing lifestyle. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the number of deaths due to cardiac diseases in United States is more than 606,000 on yearly basis. Four out of five CVD deaths are due to heart attacks and strokes. According to the World Journal of Cardiovascular Diseases, more than 7 million deaths are due to the sudden cardiac arrest worldwide every year. Thus, the growing cases of heart failures, heart attacks, strokes, and other heart-related conditions are facilitating the transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market growth.
Sedentary lifestyle expected to fuel growth
The sedentary lifestyle is further expected to surge the market. According to World Health Organization (WHO), sedentary lifestyles proves to be fatal for around 5.3 million people every year globally, with minimum 300,000 premature deaths and US$90 billion are spent in directly as healthcare costs to reduce problems caused by obesity and sedentary lifestyle yearly in the U.S. Physical inactivity causes around 2 million deaths every year forcing WHO to issue a warning regarding sedentary lifestyle being among top ten major causes of death and disability around the world. The US Department of Health and Human Service, stated only one in three children are physically active every day in the U.S. Thus, the rising sedentary lifestyle would cause cardiac problems creating opportunities for cardiac arrest market growth.
World Health Organization (WHO) in their report, mentioned the rate of obesity has tripled since 1975 worldwide. In 2016, over 1.9 billion adults belonging to age group 18 years or above were overweight and out of them, over one third of people were obese. These factors increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases significantly. As a result, problems arising due to unhealthy lifestyle would create growth pockets for transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global transcatheter cardiac pacemaker industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Transcatheter cardiac pacemaker Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the transcatheter cardiac pacemaker market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Transcatheter Cardiac Pacemaker Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Boston Scientific, Lepu Medical, W.L Gore & Associates Inc, EBR Systems., St. Jude Medical, Edward Lifesciences, Medtronic PLC, Getinge AB, Abbott, Cordis