Transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices provide an insertion or a passage made up of a synthetic embolus inserted in the body with the use of a catheter on a targeted body part. Transcatheter embolization is a minimally invasive procedure that is carried out during interventional radiology for the restriction of the supply of blood to tumors. Sometimes, synthetic substances are used to coat with chemotherapeutic drugs to perform simultaneous actions of blood supply blockage along with inducing cytotoxicity to finding several ways for attacking tumors. Additionally, the procedures also help to prevent or control abnormal bleeding and eliminate abnormal connections among the veins and arteries. It also helps in the treatment of aneurysms. Furthermore, transcatheter embolization is very efficient without being intrusive for controlling the bleeding as differentiated by the surgical procedures which are open and invasive.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the gamma probe device market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Transcatheter has been growing on a large scale in the past few years. Shifts from clipping to coiling have restored the demand for transcatheter devices; rise in the acceptance of techniques are observed that use transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices; and sustaining minimally surgeries along with the non-coil products, such as the liquid embolic and embolization particles, are the major factors propelling the growth of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market.
Transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices help in the development of catheter entrapment, vague distribution, and deflation of balloon coupled with coiling, which affect the adoption of non-coil devices due to the advantages related to the device. Therefore, this aids the growth of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market.
Furthermore, there have also been new regulations and initiatives by governments and FDA for the betterment of healthcare facilities that drive the growth of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market. On the other hand, expensive products, strict regulations, prolonged approval procedures, and lack of skilled officials are the major challenges of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On October 5th, 2017, Roxwood Medical was acquired was BTG plc, which helps in patients treated for peripheral artery and coronary diseases. On October 2nd, 2017, Aparna Medical Inc. was acquired by Boston Scientific Corporation, which helped in atrial fibrillation treatment. On January 20th, 2017, Megadyne Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson involved in the manufacture, development, and marketing of electrosurgical tools.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and clinics are the major consumers of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market. Amongst them, hospitals are the biggest end-users in the market. This is due to the rise in hospitals, which have multiple devices and link up the healthcare sectors for the betterment of this segment. Additionally, the patient’s choice is shifting toward hospitals due to the upgrades in technology and improvement of the healthcare segments. Moreover, the rise in population and improvement in the healthcare support & infrastructure affect the growth of the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the transcatheter embolization and occlusion devices market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Transcatheter Embolization and Occlusion Devices Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Terumo Corporation, Cook Medical, Sirtex Medical, St. Jude Medical, Cordis Corporation, DePuy Synthes, Stryker Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Nordian