Transdermal patch is a type of transdermal technology. It is a medicated adhesive patch that is placed on the skin to deliver a specific dose of medication. These patches deliver medication dose though the skin using diffusion technique, which later gets released in the blood stream over a long period of time. These patches are effectively used for treatment of hormonal and cardiac disorders. These patches are also used for the treatment of migraine, Parkinsons disease, Alzheimers, strokes, HIV, osteoporosis, dermatology-related issues, and restless leg syndrome treatments.
The global transdermal skin patches market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to factors such as increasing advantages over the oral and ingesting medications, ease of administration, and prolonged activity of the drug. Although these factors boost the growth of the market, factors such as non-permeability of the skin among the patients to absorb a range of medication coupled with development of contact dermatitis at the site of application of transdermal patches can limit the growth of the market.
The transdermal skin patches market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (France, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Rest of LAMEA).
The transdermal skin patches market is highly competitive in nature, with major players focused on adoption of various strategies such as product innovation, product launches and approvals, R&D investment for advancements in transdermal patches, merger and acquisition as their developmental strategies to sustain the competitive environment of the global transdermal skin patches market. The major players in the transdermal patches market include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3M Company, Accrux Ltd., Access Pharmaceuticals Inc., and others.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global transdermal skin patches market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise transdermal skin patches market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Transdermal Skin Patches Market Key Segments
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA