Trash bags are one of the most effective items for removing waste from a variety of sources. Food waste from homes and restaurants, toilet waste, medical waste, industrial garbage, and commercial waste are all handled with trash bags. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) are the two primary kinds of polymers used to make trash bags (HDPE). Trash bags made of HDPE have more strength and are waterproof. Trash bags made of polyethylene are non-biodegradable in nature and, as a result, pollute the environment. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the governments had to enforced lockdown to tackle the spread of the virus. The lockout made it impossible for anyone to go outside, causing businesses and industries to close down. The need for garbage bags has decreased due to lack of activity in the commercial and industrial sectors. In contrast, demand for garbage bags has grown in the residential sector as consumers have accumulated more rubbish than they had previously created.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to partially positive demand for trash bags. There is an increase in the need for trash bag supply, from the residential sector, for taking precautionary measures, owing to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. The demand for trash bags has fallen in the commercial and industrial sectors due to the halt in operations.
- The sale on online websites has increased during the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The governments of different countries enforced lockdown to decrease the spread of the virus this led the customers to stay remote in their homes. The consumer had no option to move out and purchase trash bags from the stores so, they shifted towards online purchase.
Top Impacting Factors
- Trash bags are commonly used to avoid solid and liquid waste spills and leaks. Such bags provide a versatile and easy way to store garbage, resulting in a surge in market demand. Rapid urbanization, as well as rising disposable incomes, has boosted the market substantially. Trash bag applications have increased in recent years as a result of an increase in residential and commercial construction, fueling market demand.
- As hygiene concerns have grown in rising economies like China and India, garbage bags have become more widely used in these nations to minimize health problems. The rising disposable income of individuals in emerging nations is a significant driver of the garbage bag market's growth.
- The Healthcare sector is one of the biggest purchasers of trash bags. Waste generated by health care activities includes a broad range of materials, from used needles and syringes to soiled dressings, body parts, diagnostic samples, blood, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and radioactive materials tends to pose a threat. Medical waste is stored in trash bags and separated according to its nature. Trash bags are in high demand in the healthcare sector.
E-commerce is Boosting the Growth of the Trash Bags Market
The life of the consumers is getting entangled due to the work pressure, resulting in the reduction of time to carry out other essential works. Consumers search for an option to purchase products that are convenient and time-saving. The introduction of digital business and e-commerce sites have impacted consumers buying behavior as consumers are shifting from traditional method of purchase to online shopping. The online website provides the consumer with different options to choose from which they filter and sort by their requirements. Online services offer a satisfactory price and valuable discounts that attract a consumer, to proceed with the purchase. These added benefits encourage the consumer to shop online which indirectly helps in the sale of trash bags and boosts the growth of the trash bags market.
Star sealed trash bags are in high demand than other types of trash bags in the market
The star sealed trash bag is environmentally friendly since it is composed of recycled plastics and may reduce plastic waste by 25%. Star sealed trash bags work with garbage cans of all sizes and have a one-of-a-kind design that avoids leaks, messes, and spills. Along with their fundamental construction, these bags can handle both dry and wet waste. Trash bags with a star closure provide a great carrying capacity, uniformly distribute weight, and are simple to use. The star sealed trash bags sales is projected to account for the highest industry share in the worldwide industry and to develop significantly over the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the trash bags industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the trash bags market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the trash bags market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed trash bags market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Trash Bags Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the trash bags market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Trash Bags Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
McKesson Corporation, Berry Plastics, Universal Plastics, Pactiv Corporation, Novolex, Polyco Global, AmPac Enterprises, Amtopp, Dow Chemical, Borsh USA