Travel irons are similar to the conventional irons that one uses at the home of laundry. These irons are handheld devices that are used to clear wrinkles from the garments. Its compact nature and small size is the only difference between travel irons and ordinary irons. These irons are easy to pack and carry while going on trips.
These irons are becoming popular because of their function, which offers an instant solution for quick ironing anywhere, anytime, with a quality outcome. The travel irons are cordless, rechargeable, portable, battery-operated, and easy to carry. Travelers prefer to use these irons so that they can maintain a well-groomed look while on travel trips. Moreover, business travelers find travel irons a very useful device as they help in quickly ironing the clothes that are to be worn on business presentations.
With the increase in the travel activities for leisure as well as business, the demand for global travel irons is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has a varied impact on the electronic goods industry.
- Some electronic goods, like several medical devices and artificial intelligence, are not suffering due to the Corona Virus outbreak, while others, like travel irons, are suffering from the impact of COVID-19.
- The supply chain disruption and halt in the export-import activities across the globe, majorly affect the production and supply of the travel irons and other electronic goods.
- The global electronic industry is witnessing a logistics slowdown and unavailability of the workforce.
- Also, travel irons' highest demand was from the leisure travel and business travel industry, both of which are massively hit by the COVID-19 outbreak, thereby negatively affecting the demand for travel irons.
Top Impacting Factors:Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Ease of use and carrying for leisure and business travelers drive the global market for the travel irons. Along with this, it is an inexpensive alternative to ordinary irons and also includes innovative features, which raises the demand for travel irons globally.
While a few challenges are also faced by global travel irons, which restrain their market growth. Many hotels have started offering irons to their customers, which restricts the demand for travel irons. Additionally, the travel irons are not as efficient as the ordinary or conventional irons, which again hamper their market demand. Another factor that is restraining the market growth for travel irons is the presence of innovative wrinkle-free fabrics, increased use of casual clothing that does not require ironing, and the preference for carrying travel-friendly clothes during leisure travel. The frequency of purchase of irons is very low because these devices are meant for long-term use and last for 8-9 years, which acts as a major barrier for the growth of the global market for travel irons. Less frequent purchases make it difficult for marketers to build brand loyalty.
However, the growing demand for cordless travel irons, changing lifestyle, ease of doing facility, temperature setting feature, increasing disposable income are providing several growth opportunities for the global manufacturers of the travel irons.
The Global Travel Irons Market Trends are as follows:
Vintage Style Travel Irons:
These days travel irons with a retro gadget look are becoming popular among consumers. These irons are mostly foldable and possess setting with variable control, providing greater efficiency. The vintage-style travel irons are made using metals, Bakelite, and stainless steel. Their aesthetic design, unique body color, and classic design owe to their high sales. They also serve as a pretty good option for gifting.
Trends in Design and Features:
Players operating in the manufacturing of travel irons are extensively focusing upon introducing innovative features in travel irons. Space-saving options and sleek designs are being focused upon by the manufacturers. Diverse features like minimal water drip, steam properties, dual voltage, cordless irons, retractable chords, and others are being introduced, paving new growth pathways for travel irons globally.
Growing Penetration of e-commerce:
The offline retail stores, especially the specialty retailers, possess a large variety of brands and several product portfolios, due to which they account for high sales. However, with the high penetration of internet and e-commerce platforms, the preference for online shopping is increasing. Brands are focusing on launching interactive and informative websites to enhance their customer experience. The wide use of online platforms will lead to an increase in sales of travel irons in the coming years.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global travel irons industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global travel irons market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global travel irons market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global travel irons market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Travel Irons Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the travel ironsmarket?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Travel Irons Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Sunbeam Products,, Swan Brand,, Morphy Richards, , Usha,, Panasonic,, Smartek USA,, Rowenta,, Koninklijke Philips,, Russell Hobbs,, Conair,