Trench rollers, also called multipurpose compactors, perform well in cohesive soil types, such as clays, that can be very difficult to compact. A trench roller is a type of construction machine used to apply pressure to soil that reduces air pocks and allows the soil to handle heavier weights on even surfaces. Instead of just relying on static force (weight of the drums), a vibratory roller uses vibrating force to deliver a more powerful effect. A rotating or reciprocating mass enable the drums to vibrate. The addition of the vibrating force allows for more efficient work and higher compaction levels. The roller, or trench roller, is mainly used to compact the backfill in narrow trenches for water or gas supply pipes.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The highly demanding situation in the construction industry has increased the need for precise, transparent and verifiable results of the compaction process. The terms for bidding and tendering in road construction are getting stricter, as are the standards for quality results. Several key trends are emerging in the asphalt/soil compaction market with the development of the latest generation machines. Performance and productivity remain key issues for compactor manufacturers, with firms keen to maximize output from their latest units. However, adept workers are required to operate the trench rollers. Furthermore, smoothness is difficult to attain.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in trench rollers market attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of trench rollers market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of trench rollers market in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for trench rollers was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for trench rollers products.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Trench rollers market manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Trench rollers market are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Roads and highways sector has been one of the key drivers for growth for the infrastructure sector in India. India needs roads, both in rural and urban areas to progress. Government also realises the importance of world class road network and thus, has given significant focus to the sector by way of announcing substantial budget outlay in successive national budgets. Investments that have been earmarked for this sector present a great opportunity for the OEMs. Many of them have launched new model in soil and asphalt compactors or have upgraded the models with advanced features.
- Product launch strategies aim for user adoption and brand growth. They are linear and focus on sharing a new product or feature to the existing. While this approach gets the product or feature in front of a large audience. For instance, Volvo India has recently launched double drum compactors or trench rollers with the feature of independent dual-frequency and multi-amplitude functionality which makes them more versatile.
- Surge in demand for energy efficiency and sustainability owing to environmental concerns is projected to propel the market growth in the near future. Thus, this has made manufacturers focus on rolling out energy-efficient products. For instance, Writgen, an India based company has made an environmentally friendly engine is in accordance with CBV BS III and is remarkably quiet and economical. For maintenance and service tasks, the engine compartment is easily accessible under an attractively designed engine hood made of GRP – a major advantage in comparison to frequently heavy engine hoods. At the same time, the relevant maintenance points for regular check-ups are all within easy reach.
- Growing a business often requires keeping up with the latest industry trends, including technology. As such, business leaders always need to be on the lookout for new tech that will improve their results and workflow. For instance, Ammann trench roller features Intelligent Compaction System. The system, ACEecon, eliminates guesswork by measuring compaction progress in real time. The information is communicated to the operator via an LED display on top of the machine.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the trench roller market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the trench roller market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the trench roller market industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed trench roller market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Trench Roller Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
The Toro Company, Multiquip, Wacker Neuson SE, Wirtgen Group, Shandong Roadway Construction Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Hyundai, Doosan Company, BOMAG GmbH, Ammann Group Holding AG, Sakai