Antigens produced by tumor cells are known as tumor-specific antigens. They are actually cytosolic protein derivatives. Tumor antigens are promising cancer therapy possibilities because they are useful tumor markers for detecting tumor cells in diagnostic testing.
Cancer antigens are chemicals that are displayed on the surface of tumor cells by major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I or II molecules. It activates an immune response in which Cytolytic T Lymphocytes (CTL) detect these antigens and kill tumor cells before they can proliferate.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The global epidemic of COVID-19 has resulted in an ongoing healthcare market decline. Leading stakeholders are continuing to adjust their strategies in response to the quickly changing environment. COVID-19 is expected to have long-term consequences for the healthcare industry. Countries and key players would have to make significant modifications to their healthcare systems until the crisis subsides. The tumor specific antigen market had a decline in demand as a result of COVID-19, and the market stopped growing as a result.
COVID-19 has the potential to impact the human identification market in three ways: directly altering production, demand, supply chain disruption, and financial impact on firms and financial markets.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in incidence of cancer all over the globe, surge in demand for potential cancer biomarker candidates, and increase in investments in cancer diagnosis and research drive the growth of the global tumor-specific antigen market.
- In addition, rise in focus on the development of targeted therapies and developments in antigen-specific T-cell therapy for cancer also propels the growth of the global market.
- Moreover, the advent of advanced technologies in cancer immunotherapy and regulatory approval of new monoclonal antibodies is likely to gain significant impetus for the tumor-specific antigen market share in the forthcoming years.
- Increased R&D expenditure in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry is expected to drive the demand for oncology small molecule drugs.
- Rise in income as well as surge in government support to the healthcare systems in developing nations is expected to aid in sustaining the growth of the tumor-specific antigen market.
- However, the high cost of drug discovery and development and stringent regulations for oncology small molecule drugs is likely to restrict the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market
In April 2021, Roche announced the launch of the Elecsys Anti-p53 immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of anti-p53 antibodies. This test is used to aid physicians to diagnose throat cancer, bowel cancer and breast cancer in patients, in conjunction with other diagnostic tests. The assay is now available for all markets accepting the CE Mark.
In June 2020, FDA approved Merck’s KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) for first-line treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic MSI-H or dMMR colorectal cancer.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Tumor-specific Antigen along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Tumor-specific Antigen market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Tumor-specific Antigen market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Tumor-specific Antigen market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Tumor-specific Antigen Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Tumor-specific Antigen market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Tumor-specific Antigen"?
- What is "Tumor-specific Antigen" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Tumor-specific Antigen" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Tumor-specific Antigen" Market report?
Tumor-specific Antigen Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Biomrieux SA, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Enzo Biochem Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Abcam Plc, Agilent Technologies Inc., Perkinelmer Inc., Merck Millipore, Eli Lilly and Co.