Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market Outlook – 2027
Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer (TDLA) is a device that gauges the amount of specific gases such as oxides of carbon dioxide, nitrogen, methane as well as oxygen and water present in a gaseous mixture by measuring the amount of laser light absorbed while travelling through the gas. This robust process analyzer is used in large-scale in oil & gas and mining industries as it allows real-time gas analysis under harsh conditions such as high temperature, high pressure, high dust concentration, corrosive condition, owing to incorporation of non-contacting sensors.
Industrial applications such as emission analysis, monitoring, and carbonization replace traditional systems and make suitable use of this technology, owing to fast response, low maintenance and operational cost, higher reliability, seamless detection abilities and high spectral resolution, coupled with accuracy.
In addition, tunable diode laser analyzer provide environment-friendly solutions and are used by power plants to measure gas concentration at very low detection limits in detox systems, which enhances product quality standards in the market.
Extensive innovation enabling measure of temperature, pressure, mass flux of gas and stringent rules by governments to adopt this technology implies that the tunable diode laser analyzer market size is anticipated to grow at considerably high rate in the coming years.
The global tunable diode laser analyzer market is segmented on the basis of measurement type, gas analyzer type, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on measurement type, the market is bifurcated into in-situ and extractive. In terms of gas analyzer type, the tunable diode laser analyzer market is categorized into oxygen analyzer, ammonia analyzer, moisture analyzer, COx analyzer, Hx analyzer, CxHx analyzer, and others.
On the basis of application, the market is divided into velocity measurement, incineration, emission monitoring, mass flow monitoring, electric arc furnace, and others. In terms of industry vertical, the market segmented into chemical, oil and gas, mining, energy and power, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global tunable diode laser analyzer industry include Yokogawa Electric Corp., ABB Ltd., General Electric Corp., Endress+Hauser Group, Mettler-Toledo International Inc., Servomex Ltd., Siemens AG, Sick AG, NEO Monitors AS, and Axetris AG. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global tunable diode laser analyzer market.
Top Impacting Factors
Surge in need for real-time, efficient atmospheric toxic gas measurement analysis due to growth in process automation, multiple uses for measurement of gases at cracking unit, reformer unit, coker unit for safety and increasing demand of boilers and detox system due to rapid industrialization are some primary factors propelling tunable diode laser analyzer market growth.
Trending advancement in this sector provides cost-effective solution due to low cost of ownership than conventional gas analyzers and also controls air-fuel ratio thereby reducing harmful emission. However intense competition due to availability of low-cost technological solution, high infrastructure cost and inter-operability issues reducing the detection accuracy by the slightest of noise from optical system are obstacles restraining market growth.
Contrarily, these devices are used in cement, oil and gas and power generation industries where fast-optical analyzer in TDLA provides measurement for flue gas, a process gas for upstream, midstream and downstream activities. Extensive advancement in noise reducing mechanical design and regulation by governments worldwide to install TDLA in advanced process plants will pave new avenues to tunable diode laser analyzer industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Leading key market players are launching advanced products to provide end-users with a greater range of choices on solutions that ensure safe operations and maximize energy efficiency. In January 2019, Yokogawa Electric Corp., Japanese electrical engineering and software company, developed TDLS8100 probe type tunable diode laser spectrometer as a part of OpreX Analyzer family to directly measure oxygen and carbon monoxide at high speed.
With the installation of flanges and scaffolding it enables a 50% more reduction in installation costs. TDLS8100 has a lineup including TDLS8000 tunable diode laser spectrometer for high-temperature and high-pressure gas concentration measurement purposes.
Surge in Use in Industrial and Automotive Applications
TDLA are used in place of traditional gas analyzers such as paramagnetic and zirconia analyzer for complex hydrocarbon gas and low concentration gas detection. In addition, this instrument is commonly used in chemical plants because they measure directly in the process gas stream without drift or cross-interference thus adding additional value benefits and process adaptation for measurement point flexibility. The tunable diode laser analyzer market has ample opportunities in oil & gas, fertilizer, cement, pulp and paper & power generation industries.
In-situ TDLS8000 gas analyzer, by Yokogawa Electric Corp., is used in energy-efficient furnaces for safety and stable operation and takes real-time rapid feedback for optimal operation and direct measurement under severe process conditions.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of tunable diode laser analyzer market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed tunable diode laser analyzer market analysis.
- The current tunable diode laser analyzer market trends are quantitatively analyzed .
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 outbreak has adversely affected the overall sensor, control, and automation industry. Wuhan, China being the epicenter of virus outbreak, capital investments are expected to be put on hold or postponed due to temporary shutdown of manufacturing facilities. This resulted in significant slowdown in production resulting in disruption across the ecosystem with several supply chain participants shifting automation production facilities outside China.
- Unprecedented standstill in industrial manufacturing and production is anticipated to act as a call for manufacturing sector on its reliance on human labor. Currently, owing to suspension of automation activities there is minimum industrial emission by power plants which causes a dearth in demand leading to a plunge in tunable diode laser analyzer market share.
Questions Answered in the Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the tunable diode laser analyzer market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on tunable diode laser analyzer market size?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the tunable diode laser analyzer market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market Report Highlights
By Measurement Type
By Gas Analyzer Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
NEO Monitors AS, General Electric Corp., Yokogawa Electric Corp., Siemens AG, Mettler-Toledo International Inc., ABB Ltd., Axetris AG, Servomex Ltd., Endress+Hauser Group, Sick AG