A tunable laser is a type of laser whose operating wavelength can be changed in a systematic manner. Such lasers allow for constant tuning over a wide wavelength range, whereas other laser types only allow for small shifts in output wavelength. Such lasers can provide the required wavelength and deploy all-optical layers remotely.
Furthermore, the criteria for switching are inherent in the wavelength of tunable lasers, whereas fixed-wavelength lasers rely on an intellectual network to switch their signals to termination. Continuous-wave (CW), amplified lasers, frequency converted, ultrafast, high energy pulsed, and other types of tunable lasers are a few examples. All of these tunable laser systems are used in scientific, life science, and other lab R&D centers for a variety of industrial research purposes.
The global tunable laser market is segmented on the basis of type, application, technology, industry and region. Based on type, the market is divided into solid-state tunable lasers, fiber tunable lasers, gas tunable lasers, and others. In terms of application, the market is categorized into cutting, engraving & marking, welding, micro processing, drilling, and others.
On the basis of technology, the market is divided into distributed bragg reflector laser (DBR) technology, external cavity laser technology, distributed feedback laser (DFB) technology, vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL) technology, and others. On the basis of industry the market is divided into healthcare sector, telecommunication and networking devices sector, manufacturing and industrial sector, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The current COVID-19 pandemic has a negative impact on the tunable laser market trends, with manufacturing activities being temporarily halted across major manufacturing hubs, resulting in a significant production slowdown. People are becoming significantly more isolated as a result of increased restrictions on public meetings and travel.
Due to supply chain delays, stock market instability, halting of airlines, business dealings in the tunable laser business are also feeling the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic. It has directly impacted production and demand of tunable laser causing supply chain and market disruption. As airports are shut down due to lockdown restrictions, the use of tunable laser is halted, negatively impacting the tunable laser market. Also, as government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall Tunable Laser market opportunity globally
Top Impacting Factors
The widespread use of tunable lasers in photobiology, hyperspectral imaging, detector calibration, and spectroscopy (reflection & transmission) fuels the market growth for tunable lasers. The extensive use of tunable lasers in medical segments such as therapeutic and diagnostic applications is expected to significantly drive the market. Furthermore, an increase in demand for laser-based facial and skin rejuvenation treatments is expected to accelerate the demand for CO2 lasers, which will drive the growth of the market.
Furthermore, advances in chemistry and nanotechnology expand the applications of optics in the medical sector, pushing the boundaries of tunable lasers even further. Tunable lasers demand is expected to rise as a result of their use in hyperspectral imaging development to aid in early retinal disease detection.
Despite its inherent applications and benefits, the market for tunable lasers may be hampered by costs, reliability, and supply guarantees. Furthermore, the poor performance of previous predecessors may pose a significant threat to this market. As a result, network providers are identifying opportunities to provide highly reliable and performable tunable laser solutions at prices as compared to fixed wavelength lasers.
New product Launches to Flourish the Market
Amplitude Laser Inc., a leading global manufacturer of femtosecond lasers for scientific, medical, and industrial applications, installed a tunable laser system at Oxford University in June 2019 to meet a research need in the field of neuroscience. Tunable laser systems will be used for deep brain imaging and opto-genetic photo stimulation of neurons among other things.
Surge in usage in Manufacturing and Industrial Sector
The increasing adoption of optical technologies for mass production of consumer electronics is primarily driving the growth of the market. The rise of consumer electronics applications such as micro sensing, flat panel displays, and lidar has boosted the demand for tunable lasers in semiconductor and materials processing. Tunable lasers are also used in fiber optics-sensing applications in the industrial sector such as distributed strain and temperature mapping and distributed measurement of shape. Some of the emerging applications include aircraft health monitoring, wind turbine health monitoring, power generator health monitoring, and cavity detection/sinkhole monitoring.
Furthermore, the growing popularity of augmented reality (AR) displays that use holographic optical elements has broadened the application space for tunable lasers. TOPTICA Photonics, based in Europe, is developing UV/RGB high-power
single-frequency diode lasers for applications such as lithography, optics test and inspection, and holography.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the tunable laser market size along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the tunable laser market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight tunable laser market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the Tunable Laser industry.
- The report provides a detailed tunable laser market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
- The current Tunable Laser market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency
Questions Answered in the Tunable Laser Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the tunable laser market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What is tunable laser?
- What does tunable laser allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make tunable laser a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the tunable laser market report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
Tunable Laser Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
EXFO Inc, Coherent, Inc., Newport Corporation, Amplitude Laser Inc., Santec Corporation, HÜBNER GmbH & Co. KG