Global Two-Wheeler Brake Pads Market Outlook 2027 -
Brake pads are an integral component of two-wheelers that have disc brakes. The braking system reduces the speed of the vehicle in emergency, thus preventing accidents. Conventional brake pads, which are made from aramid fibers, consist of a large amount of particulate matter, thus making it stronger. Growth in awareness toward pollution levels and strict emission norms have driven OEMs to develop eco-friendly brake pads made from natural fibers such as hemp. Brake pads are highly susceptible to wear & tear due to friction; hence, the demand for durable brakes pads is rising, which is expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Type, Location, Material, and Sale
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM), and the Middle East and Africa
AISIN SEIKI, Borg Warner, Brakes India, Brembo S.p.A., Continental AG, EBC Brakes, Federal Mogul LLC., FTE Automotive, Haldex Group, and Hutchinson SA
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- While daily commuters may prefer avoiding public transport, the possibility of job or salary cuts due to COVID-19 would weigh on their capacity to buy a personal vehicle. This factor is projected to force people to switch from their preferred mode of transportation to two wheelers.
- Economies of many countries are on the verge of collapsing, which can result in the demand for entry-level vehicles to increase after lockdown.
- As people would continue to prefer social distancing for some more time now, the demand for two-wheeler vehicles is expected to rise in the market to avoid usage of public transport.
- Shared mobility is projected to become less desirable after the pandemic, giving an impetus to buying personal vehicles till the vaccine of COVID-19 is not available.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rise in demand for two-wheelers in developing countries and coupled with safety solutions in two-wheelers has been growing consistently in the last few years, which is expected to drive the demand for two-wheeler brake pads significantly. However, they tend to be noisier than other brakes, which can restrain the growth of the two-wheeler brake pads market. Furthermore, metal is a widely preferred material for brake pads; however, this trend is changing due to significant braking effect, which cannot be achieved by metal brake pads. Therefore, this is projected to provide several opportunities to the two-wheeler brake pads market.
The two-wheeler brake pads market trends are as follows:
Rise in demand for two-wheelers in several developing countries
The demand for brake pads has witnessed tremendous response over the past few years and is characterized by rapid growth in the two-wheeler industry and the entire automotive industry. Increase in awareness among the costumers about safety & security along with environmental issues is encouraging costumers to opt for quality products in the market. This is expected to drive the brake pads market growth over the forecast period.
Consistent rise in demand for safety solutions in two-wheelers
Awareness among the customers about safety and security while driving has increased due to the increasing number of road accidents all around the globe, which has led consumers to understand the importance of safety solutions. Many customers possess safety as a high priority while purchasing a vehicle, which is expected to drive the two-wheeler brake pad market growth.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the two-wheeler brake pads market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the two-wheeler brake pads market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the two-wheeler brake pads market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the two-wheeler brake pads market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the two-wheeler brake pads market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Two-Wheeler Brake Pads Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Hutchinson SA, FTE Automotive, EBC Brakes, Haldex Group, AISIN SEIKI, Federal Mogul LLC., Continental AG, Brembo S.p.A., Brakes India, Borg Warner