Proteasomes are cellular complexes responsible for protein breakdown. Ubiquitin is a small protein found in all cellular tissues in humans and other eukaryotic organisms that support to regulate the processes of other proteins. Ubiquitin proteasome is a highly regulated mechanism of intracellular protein degradation, by marking proteins that are linked to ubiquitin.
The systems play a vital role in biological functions of the body such as antigen presentation, regulation of gene transcription & the cell cycle, and activation of NF-KB, which is responsible to regulate the immunological response to infections.
The development of ubiquitin proteasomes for treatment of cancer such as multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma majorly drives the market. Increase in use of Ubiquitin Proteasome as a research tool in academic and industrial research center fuels the market growth. In addition, the patent expiry of Velcade (brand name of Ubiquitin Proteasome by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd) in Nov 2017 is anticipated to boost the market.
However, high cost of the drug and stringent government regulations involved in the production of Ubiquitin Proteasome hinder the growth of the market. In addition, side effects associated with ubiquitin proteasome such as low blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy, heart problems, lung problems, GIT problems, and others also restrain the market. Ongoing R&D activities related to Ubiquitin Proteasome are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of application and region. Based on application, the market is bifurcated into scientific research and cancer treatment. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global ubiquitin proteasome market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Ubiquitin Proteasome Market Key Segments:
- Scientific Research
- Cancer Treatment
- Multiple Myeloma (A Cancer of the Plasma Cells)
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (A Cancer of the Lymph Nodes)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
- Johnson & Johnson
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Novelix Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis International AG
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd