The global rise of industrialization has increased the importance of solar energy. Solar energy is a viable alternative to fossil fuels, which are contributing to environmental pollution. The worldwide depletion of energy sources and growing environmental concerns are driving the need for solar power. However, the seasonal & fluctuating nature of solar radiations is a factor which significantly hinders the adoption of solar power. The ultra efficient solar power technology resolves this issue by maximizing the amount of energy generated. Solar energy is collected and utilized through various technologies such as solar PV, Solar Thermal and Concentrated PV. These technologies are promoted by governments and power companies through subsidies. Research and development is being conducted regarding various other technologies which are presently in the pipeline. There is a rising demand for energy sources that are renewable and environmentally friendly. This is a driving which boosts the growth of the global ultra efficient solar energy market. The rising energy consumption and the energy crisis in developing economies have illuminated the need for solar energy in developing economies such as China, India, Brazil, Canada and Germany.
The key players profiled in the reports are Intel, Tata Power Solar System Limited, Abengoa Solar SA, Areva, Canadian Solar Inc., Motech industries Inc., Renesola Limited, Solarworld AG, and Sunway.
For the purpose of analysis, the market is segmented into materials, technology and regions. The materials market is further segmented into Silicon, Gallium Arsenide (GaAs), Copper Indium Diselenide and Cadmium Telluride (CdTe). With regard to technologies, the market is segmented into Crystalline & thin film PV and Concentric PV. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
- The report provides market intelligence with respect to product types, applications and geographies to enable precise investment decisions for companies
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all the stakeholders in the market
- Porter’s Five Force analysis illustrates the potency of suppliers & buyers and the competitive scenario of the market, which assists companies in making plans to stay ahead of the competition
- Estimations are made according to the current market scenario and future trends are projected for the analysis period of 2014-2020 with 2013 as the base year.
MARKET BY PRODUCT
- Cadmium Telluride (CdTe)
- Copper Indium Diselenide
- Gallium Arsenide (GaAs)
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- Thin film PV
- Concentric PV
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)