Ultrasonic cleaning equipment are used in industrial as well as domestic applications since 1950s. The use ultrasound in the range of 20 to 400 KHz to clean delicate items with the help of a suitable cleaning solvent. The section of solvent depends on the contamination on the object to be cleaned. The equipment makes use of cavitation bubbles which are induced with a sound of high frequency. These bubbles enable the cleaning through agitation of solvent which apply high pressure on the contaminations. The equipment features component such as lead zirconate and barium titanate, which are piezoelectric materials.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The increase in shift toward smart factories and industry 4.0 brings a new wave in the market trends for smart cleaning devices and equipment. The market for ultrasonic cleaning machines is expected to propel in the forthcoming years owing to the introduction of intuitive technologies. Besides, significant gains in cleaning solvents and chemicals are the factors responsible for the rise in demand for ultrasonic cleaning equipment. The stringent regulatory norms, the emergence of small and mid-size companies, and rapid growth in the healthcare and aerospace industry create a potential impact on the market making way for significant opportunities for SMES. However, high Integration cost and lack of awareness is anticipated to deter the market growth. The lack of awareness observed across developing geographies is a significant factor that hinders the growth of the market. Today, metal cleaning end-users use conventional metal cleaning machines instead of ultrasonic due to massive investment in configuring such devices, lack of skilled operators, and high switching costs. Also, the involvement of government agencies to ensure the safety of workers and reduce environmental risk such as waste generation while metal cleaning and the coating is likely to decrease the product adoption in the near future. For instance, The Environmental Protection Agency and California OSHA have put forth stringent guidelines to limit personnel exposure to toxic materials.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in ultrasonic cleaning equipment market attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of ultrasonic cleaning equipment market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of ultrasonic cleaning equipment market in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for ultrasonic cleaning equipment market was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for ultrasonic cleaning equipment market.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Ultrasonic cleaning equipment market manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Ultrasonic cleaning equipment market are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Today, the deployment of connected and intelligent machines across various user industries is thriving rapidly. These smart machines are configured with various connectors, and precision engineering parts, which require critical cleaning at regular intervals to degrease the contaminants from the surface and to prevent future equipment failure. In such cases, the utilization of ultrasonic cleaning equipment plays a pivotal role in removing such stains as high-frequency sound waves are released in the solvent liquid from surfaces submerged in an ultrasonically activated liquid. Besides, the evolution of sophisticated technologies, mainly storage of cleaning process data, programmable logic controllers (PLCS), statistical process analysis, and others are likely to contribute to the adoption of ultrasonic cleaning systems across industries. Leading players are adopting vertical integration strategy to increase profitability. Prominent companies are proactively focusing on implementing a vertical integration strategy to reduce costs and improve efficiency. This also helps the manufacturers control their distributors or retail locations and improve the overall quality levels. Thus resulting in profitable business activities. Besides, key vendors emphasize providing quick after-sales services by expanding their distribution networks across the globe to ensure speedy service of machines and components and deliver the value proposition.
- Growing a business often requires keeping up with the latest industry trends, including technology. As such, business leaders always need to be on the lookout for new tech that will improve their results and workflow. For instance, several ultrasonic equipment configured with intelligent generators that can monitor and optimize the cleaning process at every level are gaining popularity among customers. These devices are further equipped with intelligent sensors and measurement devices capable of automatic temperature control, wastage management, and others.
- In the long term, ultrasonic cleaning equipment manufacturers are likely to fuel the market due to the rise in concerns for metal cleaning across various industry verticals such as healthcare, aerospace and defence, automotive, etc. For instance, In November 2020, Rotherham-based distributor Lloyd announced the opening of its new refurbishment center. The facility utilizes the latest industrial cleaning technology, including ultrasonic cleaning machines, polishing machines, etc.
- New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well. For instance, BrandMax™ (Canton, GA), a privately held sourcing and branded product sales company for healthcare and dental markets, recently launched its line of BrandMax™ Ultrasonic cleaners which feature all stainless steel construction, superior acoustic pulse generators, heating element, digital timer, stainless steel basket and are available in 3L, 5L, 7L, 10L and 40L sizes. BrandMax™ Ultrasonic cleaning units provide more cleaning power per dollar than any other ultrasonic cleaner units available in the U.S. market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ultrasonic cleaning equipment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ultrasonic cleaning equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the ultrasonic cleaning equipment market industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ultrasonic cleaning equipment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Ultrasonic Cleaning Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
SharperTek USA, Elma Schmiedbauer GmbH, Kemet International Limited, GT Sonic, Mettler Electronics Corp., Crest Ultrasonics Corp., Blue Wave Ultrasonics Inc., L&R Manufacturing Co., Luneau Technology Group, Steelco S.p.A