Ultrasonic scalpels are medical instruments that are also known as harmonic scalpels. These scalpels serve as an alternative to steel scalpels or electro-surgical diathermy and makes use of ultrasonic vibrations to cut thicker tissues during surgical procedures. The major characteristic of an ultrasonic scalpel is that while electrocautery can be applied to coagulate a bleeding tissue at any time, the ultrasonic scalpel only coagulates as it cuts.
The factors that drive the growth of the global ultrasonic scalpel market are increasing demand for surgical procedures such as lung biopsy, thyroidectomy, and tonsillectomy; rise in the prevalence of chronic disease that requires surgical interventions, and technological advancements in medical instruments. However, stringent government regulations and high costs of surgical procedures form the major restraints for the market growth. In addition, continuous development of novel devices by key players is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities.
The report segments the global ultrasonic scalpel market based on application, indication, and type. Based on application, the market is divided into leg disabled people and arm disabled people. In terms of type, the market is categorized into silicone liner, thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), and polyurethane liner. Based on indication, the market is segmented into lung biopsy, gynaecologic cancer, laparoscopic cyst decortication, thyroidectomy, and tonsillectomy. Regionally, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players of the global ultrasonic scalpel market include Stryker Corporation, Lotus Ultrasonic Scalpel, Ethicon, Inc. (J&J), Lake Region Medical, Axon Medical Solutions Private Ltd., Wuhan BBT Medical Tech. Co. Ltd., EndoAfrique, MedWOW Ltd., Jinan Bakr Ultrasonic Technology Co., Ltd., and Tonglu Rex Medical Instrument Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global ultrasonic scalpel market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets from 2016 to 2023.
- The report presents a quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product type assists in understanding the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Ultrasonic Scalpel Market Key Segments:
- Leg Disabled People
- Arm Disabled People
- Silicone Liner
- Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
- Polyurethane Liner
- Lung Biopsy
- Gynaecologic Cancer
- Laparoscopic Cyst Decortication
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA