Ultrasound gel market is expected to witness growth in upcoming years due to factors such as its low cost and easy to use factor. Ultrasound gels are less harmful as compared to other imaging products.
Ultrasound gel is a medium that is used as coupling agent and assists in forming tight bond between the skin and the probe. Ultrasound gels help the ultrasound waves for transmitting directly to the tissues and other parts of the body where imaging procedure is needed. These are made up of propylene glycol, water or dye. It is a thick, clear and sticky substance which avoids drip off. The gel acts as a thickening agent and allows its spreading over the skin. Silicone oil is used to prevent pain associated with the urinary catheterization. This oil is used as an innovative catheter lubricant. Aquasonic 100, sterile aquasonic 100, SCAN ultrasound gel, polysonic ultrasound lotion are some examples of ultrasound gels that are used widely.
Market scope and structure analysis:COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on ultrasound gel market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as low cost associated with ultrasound gels, ease of usage and less harmful as compared to other imaging procedures is expected to boost the growth for the market.
- Increase in awareness about screening for breast cancer and rise in demand of ultrasound gels from hospital, clinics and diagnostic centers is expected to drive the growth for ultrasound gel market.
- However, factors such as cooling effect of ultrasound gel and its result in less comfort for patients and limited resources for healthcare are expected to hamper the growth for the market up to some extent over the forecast period.
New Product Launch / News:
- In 2019, Civco Medical Solutions announced a new solution that removes gel from ultrasound procedures. Envision viral barriers allow for 100% gel-free procedures.
- Envision ultrasound probe covers and scanning pads are activated with a sterile liquid and require no gel. This reduces the risk of contamination, can improve the quality of fine needle aspiration (FNA) specimens and simplifies clinician workflow.
- In 2018, HR Pharmaceuticals, a top manufacturer of surgical lubricants, ultrasound gels, and other premium quality consumables announced the launch of their latest product, EcoVue, an environmentally friendly ultrasound gel that can be used by practitioners and medical facilities everywhere.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Ultrasound Gel Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ultrasound gel market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market. The report provides a detailed Ultrasound Gel Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Ultrasound Gel Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in Ultrasound Gel Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the ultrasound gel market growth & why?
Ultrasound Gel Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
By End Users
Key Market Players
Current Solutions, Parker Laboratories, Phyto Performance, Sonogel Vertriebs GmbH., DNP Enterprise, Scrip Companies, Medline Industries, Unique International, The X-Ray Shoppe, OrthoCanada