Ultrasound probe disinfection market is expected to grow in upcoming years due to factors such as rise in amount of ultrasound imaging procedures and diagnostics, increase in incidence of hospital acquired diseases and inappropriate reprocessing of ultrasound probes.
Ultrasound probe is a medical device which is used in imaging the internal organs of the body with the help of sound waves. Sound waved rebound from internal organs in form of echoes which are received by the probe and sent to the computer. The images which are formed by these echoes are known as sonogram. Ultrasound probes are available in different size and shape for use in the body organs. Ultrasound probes can be affected by bacterial contamination, as they are kept in open environment without protection. For disinfecting, soaking of probe in solutions can affect the health of the patients due to contamination of the solution by the probe while soaking. High level disinfection (HLD) is a latest method used for disinfecting the ultrasound probes. It is easy, affordable and quick method for disinfecting the ultrasound probe with safety of patient and hospital staff.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as rise in number of ultrasound procedures and increase in number of Hospital acquired infections due to improper disinfection of ultrasound probes are expected to rise the growth of ultrasound probe disinfection market.
- Increase in adoption for high level techniques and systems in disinfection for probes and technological advancements made in ultrasound probes is boosting the growth for ultrasound probe disinfection market.
- Rise in support by the government for new disinfection techniques and increase in expenditure for healthcare around the world is expected to boost the growth of ultrasound probe disinfection market.
- However, restrain factors such as lack of awareness about ultrasound probe disinfection in developing countries and less adoption of advanced and improved techniques in underdeveloped countries can hamper the growth of ultrasound probe disinfection market up to some extent over the forecast period
New Product Launch / News:
- In February 2019, Germitec launched its new chemical-free, ultrafast, high-level disinfection (HLD) system for ultrasound probes. The Hypernova Chronos system uses ultraviolet (UV)-based HLD technology that is designed for external, vaginal, and rectal ultrasound probes. It is an effective disinfection system against human papillomavirus (HPV) both in vitro and ex vivo.
- In June 2018, Koninklijke Philips N.V. announced an agreement for the acquisition of EPD Solutions, with the acquisition helping in expanding imaging products and solutions portfolio.
- In 2018, CIVCO acquired PCI Medical, a top Player in high-level disinfection products for ultrasound probes. This acquisition helped the company to expand and strengthen Its portfolio of automated processors for ultrasound probe disinfection.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Global Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the market growth & why?
Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Report Highlights
By Probe Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
Tristel, Metrex Research, Germitec, Schülke & Mayr, Parker Laboratories, CS Medical, CIVCO Medical Solutions, Virox Technologies, STERIS, Nanosonics, Advanced Sterilization Products