Uninterrupted Power Supply System (UPS) Market Statics - 2027
The global uninterrupted power supply system market size was valued at $7.4 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $9.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2020 to 2027. UPS or uninterrupted power supply, also known as battery backup, is generally used when the conventional power source fails or voltage level drops. UPS systems provide battery backup for to shutdown small computers in orderly manner. In commercial and industrial areas UPS is used for few minutes until usual generator systems take over. Some of the majorly used UPS systems are offline, online and line interactive UPS. UPS is widely used in hospitals, small office, electric point of sales terminals, and telecommunication centers for power backup.
Significant surge in demand for reliable power solutions that can support large-scale manufacturing facilitates is expected to drive the uninterrupted power supply system (UPS) market growth. UPS allow business organizations to run facilitates under power shortage. In addition, the growing demand for UPS in residential and commercial sector will further enhance the market growth. As emerging economies, such as China, India, and Japan are facing large industrial boom, the demand for reliable power solutions is expected to boost the UPS market growth. However, high cost of online UPS and few limitations of UPS for protecting heavy appliances from power failure may negatively impact the market growth. Nonetheless, advancements in UPS battery systems, such as new Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries with high operating temperature will create lucrative opportunities in traditional data centers. In addition, Li-ion batteries last two to three times longer than traditional Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries.
The global uninterrupted power supply system market is segmented on the basis of type, rating, and end user. On the basis of type, it is divided into online, offline and line interactive. Based on rating, it is categorized into (<5KVA, 5-<50 KVA, 50-200 KVA, and >200 KVA. Based on end user, it is segmented into residential, industrial, and commercial. Region-wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA, with country level analysis of each region.
Major players have adopted product launch and agreements to sustain the intense market competition. For instance, in March 2019, Eaton Corporation launched Eaton 5P UPS system which can be used as a tower UPS, wall mount UPS, and rackmount UPS. This product launch enhanced company’s market presence in IT and data center reducing the maintenance cost. The key players profiled in the report include Schneider Electric Se, Abb Ltd., Soro Electronics, Luminous power technologies, MICROTEK, Delta Electronics Inc, Emersion Electric Co., and Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Global Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, By Region
Asia pacific accounted for significant revenue share, owing to large number of industrial booms in emerging economies, such as China, India, and Japan. The growing prominence of UPS systems in various data centers and increase in demand for smart meters and fully automated grids will further propel the growth of UPS system market.
Asia-Pacific exhibits CAGR of 5.1% during 2020-2027
Global Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, By Type
Online uninterrupted power supply (UPS) system market accounted for highest revenue share. This is attributed to the dual conversion design of online UPS systems, which isolates the load during irregularities in main power supply. In addition, offline UPS system is expected to witness significant market growth, owing to growing application of such uninterrupted power supply systems in small scale and medium scale applications for computers, printers, or scanners. In addition, these are cost effective compared to that of online UPS systems. For instance, the price for Luminous 1KVA offline UPS is $85, whereas the price for 1KVA online UPS is $180.
Line Interactive Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) System is projected as the most lucrative segment
Global Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, By Rating
The >200 KVA rating UPS system accounted for significant revenue share. This is attributed to growing application in commercial and industrial end-user segments for various heavy appliances. Under power failure conditions, manufacturers are expecting to run facilities to maintain same production efficiency; thus, escalating the demand for such high voltage UPS systems.
>200 KVA rating segment is projected as the most lucrative segment
Global Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market, By End User
The industrial uninterrupted power supply segment accounted for significant UPS system market share, owing to rise in demand in emerging nations. Due to the industrial boom in countries like China, India, and Japan, the UPS market is expected to witness strong growth in industrial sector. UPS is widely used in industrial sector for critical process control, like a nuclear power plant or an oil rig.
Industrial end-user is projected as the most lucrative segment
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global uninterrupted power supply system market had immediate impact of Covid-19 breakdown.
- Due to the social distancing and work from home norms across the globe, the residential sector witnessed large number of new installations of UPS systems.
- In addition, frequent power loss during this pandemic led to increase in demand for UPS systems for residential as well as industrial sectors. Large number of power plants and substations were operating with limited workforce, which led to frequent power loss.
- However, due to restrictions on cross border export and import, the UPS supply chain have been negatively affected
- Moreover, the delay in upstream and downstream activities lead to increase in the amount of inventories.
Key benefits for stakeholders:
- The global uninterrupted power supply system market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- Major countries have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The report provides in-depth analysis of the global uninterrupted power supply system market for the period 2020–2027.
- The report outlines the current uninterrupted power supply system market trends and future estimations of the market from 2019 to 2027 to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Key drivers, restraints, & opportunities and their detailed impact analysis of the global uninterrupted power supply market are explained in the study.
Key market segments
- Line interactive
- 5-<50 KVA
- 50-200 KVA
- >200 KVA
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Uninterrupted Power Supply System Market Report Highlights
By END USER
Key Market Players
SORO Electronics, Luminous Power Technologies, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Legrand, Eaton Corporation, Delta Electronics, Inc., ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Microtek, .Emerson Electric Co.
The uninterrupted power supply (UPS) system is expected to witness steady growth. This is attributed to a significant surge in demand from residential and industrial end users. Uninterrupted power supply (UPS) system is often used in residential buildings, datacenters, telecommunication, and manufacturing industries for steady power supply. In addition, growing disposable income of consumers in emerging nations and robust investments in reliable energy solutions is expected to drive the market growth. However, high production and maintenance cost of various uninterrupted power supply (UPS) system is a major issue in long term market growth.