Unmanned Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Outlook – 2027
The global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system(ATGMS) market is experiencing a significant growth due to surge in defense expenditure globally.Unmanned anti-tank guided missile system is designed with main objective to destroy armored vehicle such as main battle tanks or infantry fighting vehicles with the need of an operator on the ground. Since the introduction of unmanned ATGMS, operator has the capability to destroy light and medium tanks remotely without putting any soldier’s life in danger as compared to other manned systems such as anti-tank rifles or magnetic anti-tank mines. Moreover, countermeasures such as smoke screen and detection for operator in battlefield becomes useless against unmanned ATGMS.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
• The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to delay existing projects and planned projects due to lockdown imposed by the governments around the world.
• The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic will be visible directly on the short supply of raw materials due operational issues.
• Anti-tank guided missile tank system defense contractors are dealing with supply chain disruption as well as workforce shortage due production site access restrictions imposed by authorities to contain the spread of COVID-19.
• Travel ban imposed by governments around the world to slow the spread of COVID-19, has hampered & delayed weapon system production and testing, especially for defense contractors relying on international workforce.
Top impacting factors:market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system, increase in demand for fire-and-forget attack capability, and rise in adoption lock-on after launch (LOAL) having high impact accuracy are the factors that drive the global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market. However, modern armor technology such as active protection system and presence of electronic jammers hinder the market growth. On the contrary, growing demand for UAV-based ATGMS in developing countries, requirements for man portable air defense system in terrorist infested regions, and developments in precision targeting to reduce collateral damage present new pathways in the industry.
The global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market trends are as follows:
Surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system
Latest generation of ATGMS have high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warheads specializing in thick tank armor penetration. Recently, in 2019, In addition, India signed a deal to acquire 'Strum Ataka' anti-tank guided missile from Russia for its fleet of Mi-35 attack choppers.Strum Ataka is a new air to surface version for helicopters based on Soviet Union era-based family of Ataka anti-tank missile system. The deal for the missiles is worth around 26 million USDis aimed to provide an added capability to the Mi-35 attack choppers to take out enemy tanks and other armored elements. Further, latest variant of Strum Ataka is designed to defeat tanks with composite armor and explosive reactive armor.Moreover, ATGMS such as FGM-148 Javelin and RBS-156 Bill are also new generation of unmanned anti-tank guided missile system capable of penetrating composite and reactive armors. Such surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system is expected to boost the global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global unmanned anti-tank guided missile system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the unmanned anti-tank guided missile systemmarket research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the unmanned anti-tank guided missile systemmarket?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Unmanned Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
KBP Instrument Design Bureau, MBDA, Denel SOC Ltd., Roketsan A.S., General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, BAE Systems PLC, Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd., Raytheon Company, SAAB Group