Unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) are machines, which operate without any direct human presence. These vehicles have the ability to be driven autonomously with the help of an embedded program and could be remotely operated by a person. UGVs are designed to perform tasks based on structured environmental analysis that is carried out with the help of equipped sensors. These vehicles are utilized for various military and civil applications.
The adoption of UGVs has increased due to rise in number of terrorist activities, upsurge in budgetary expenses for military applications, introduction of advanced & innovative technologies, and others. However, restrictions to predict external terrains hampers the growth of the market. Moreover, upsurge in R&D initiatives, untapped developing markets, and increased funding by government organizations to launch advanced products are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
The UGV market is segmented based on mobility, size, operational mode, application, and region. Based on mobility, it is classified into wheeled, tracked, legged, and others. Based on size, it is divided into small, medium, and large UGVs. By operational mode, it is categorized into tethered, tele-operated, and autonomous modes. Application segment includes agriculture, oil & gas, field, chemical, domestic, defense, and others. The UGV market in terms of region covers North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of unmanned ground vehicle market are Northrop Grumman Corporation, iRobot Corp, QinetiQ Group Plc., Oshkosh Corporation, Cobham PLC., BAE Systems, PLC., General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Boston Dynamics, and Aselsan A.S.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the unmanned ground vehicle market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20172023 are provided to exhibit the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market Key Segments:
The market is segmented based on mobility, size, operational mode, application, and region.
By Operational Mode
- Oil & Gas
- North America
Key Market Players Profiled in the Report
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- iRobot Corp
- QinetiQ Group Plc.
- Oshkosh Corporation
- Cobham PLC.
- BAE Systems, PLC.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Boston Dynamics
- Aselsan A.S.